2023 Tennessee: Pirate Plunder Themed Weekend

Picaroon Lagoon

This years themed weekend ‘Pirate Plunder’ at the Tennessee Renaissance Festival will be held May 20th and 20st. 

Visit tnrenfest.com for more information. 

“A fellow with no wish to be governed, inspected, indoctrinated, preached at, taxed, stamped, measured, judged, condemned, hanged, or shot.”

There is an events calendar link on on the home page that is maintained https://pyracy.com/events/ so you can click on a month and see everything scheduled along with contact information, etc...

I've created a master list of events, so I can look them up every year for new dates and mark the the ones that no longer happen.

background.jpg

Aye... Plunder Awaits!

I dont pretend to have all events, because I find new ones on a weekly basis.

if an event is not in the Event calendar, please continue to  post or let me know so I can add it if it fits pirate criteria or is closely related

Thanks!

background.jpg

Aye... Plunder Awaits!

Thanks mate! Much appreciated! 

I had actually attempted to post this to the events calendar first, but it didn’t work (I assumed I lacked the appropriate permissions because I’m new here). Exploring the site further, I found this thread and thought it might fit here as well. 

Thanks again for everything! 

“A fellow with no wish to be governed, inspected, indoctrinated, preached at, taxed, stamped, measured, judged, condemned, hanged, or shot.”

On 5/9/2023 at 2:23 PM, Picaroon Lagoon said:

I had actually attempted to post this to the events calendar first, but it didn’t work (I assumed I lacked the appropriate permissions because I’m new here)

We do limit who can post to that section, not because of anyone being new, but it can get out of hand and turn into a ripe mess real quick.

In fact, madPete spent several months tidying that section up before we reopened back in February - not to mention all the new events he's since found and added.

We should have it posted somewhere, but I'm not sure that anyone actually got around to it, but to add an event to the Calendar, we're asking folks to email their events to, events@pyracy.com

I get the irony of saying ‘the weekend is fast approaching’ what with it being Monday and all, but…. The weekend IS fast approaching, and with this rapidly approaching weekend being ‘Pirate Plunder’ (the Pirate themed weekend at the Tennessee Renaissance Festival) I wonder if any of this august company plans to be in attendance? 

Aye, me schedule is already a bit packed for the year.

Long Beach, CA - July

Bald Head Island, NC - August

Massacre Island, AL - September

Still trying to figure out how to attend these events I've committed too.

35 minutes ago, Stynky Tudor said:

Still trying to figure out how to attend these events I've committed too.

Stynky,  we have a hemp rope that we'll drop from the plane as we fly by...

Stynky_Flying.JPG

background.jpg

Aye... Plunder Awaits!

17 hours ago, Picaroon Lagoon said:

I get the irony of saying ‘the weekend is fast approaching’ what with it being Monday and all, but…. The weekend IS fast approaching, and with this rapidly approaching weekend being ‘Pirate Plunder’ (the Pirate themed weekend at the Tennessee Renaissance Festival) I wonder if any of this august company plans to be in attendance? 

Pyrates are joining back on the forum all the time and many are silent on the forum, so it cant hurt to ask if any are local...

It's a bit of a stretch to attend pirate themed ren fairs when you live in another state.

Being in Arizona, I have to pick and choose carefully. There are 2 events that are within a 6-7 hour drive for me in California. Almost all the rest require a very long drive or a plane flight. I know Stynky is in the same boat er... ship, so to speak

background.jpg

Aye... Plunder Awaits!

Thank you to all who’ve replied; I hope the responses keep coming! Being new here I figured I’d ‘test the waters’ as it were, cast a net and go trolling to see who might be in my general area. 

As it happens, I’ve already discovered that I’m within about two hours from Commodore Swab! He has graciously reached out and we’ve been in communication. I look forward to meeting many other like minded Pirates far and wide, but in particular I’m eager to find others who are near enough for the occasional raid, pillage, plunder and otherwise pilfering our weasely black guts out.