Sumpthin’ in tha way of an introduction

Blimey mates! Tis right good ta be here! Ann how I never ended up here sooner is amazing, but I sure am glad to have found my way back into the proper company of Pirates! By now yer prolly wundrin (if’n I ain’t lost ye’s already), ‘Who the ell is this bloke, and what’s e on about?’ 

Right… Oi! So here it is then, it seems by my reckonin’, and by this here proclamation that I be yer newest “Part of the Ship; Part of the Crew”. Now folks what I know in the world beyond the web mostly calls me ‘Pirate’ and that suits me good n’ proper ‘cause as old Captain Jack Sparrow ‘isself said: “You know, for all that pirates are clever clogs, we are an unimaginative lot when it comes to naming things”. Whatsmore, it be as accurate a moniker as one might ever hope for. For Pirate is what I be…. I love rum, and treasure and I disdain all governance. Like most of you brethren, I could fill volumes tell’n ya about meself, but I’m trying ta keep this on the shorter side so… I’ll sum up the who I am by borrowin’ some fyne words spoke by Commodore Edward Teach in NBC’s short lived series ‘Crossroads’: (I am) “a fellow with no wish to be governed, inspected, indoctrinated, preached at, taxed, stamped, measured, judged, condemned, hanged, or shot”. 

Now, I should very much like to tell all ye fyne brethren about ‘Picaroon Lagoon’, but this already grows long and the hour late. I expect there will be time enough and many discussions ahead; or if your prefer piecemeal over this lengthy diatribe, mayhaps you might check out ‘Picaroon Lagoon’ over on the Instagram. 

Being new and havin’ some semblance of an introduction out of the way, and bein’ that I’ve already sent one pester’n message to the moderators…. I have a few questions what maybe ye brethren can be help’n me ta sort. Firstly, after some perusal of the different themed threads, I be see’n none what deals with treasure?!!! So my question be this, if’n I be want’n to engage ye brethren in discussions of shipwrecks, silver, and gold, of treasures new and treasures old…. Where be the proper place? And speak’n of treasures that brings me to my second question. I be seein’ some right fyne swag bearin’ this sites logo and such, but I canna seem to figure on how ta be obtainin’ it? Where be the map? 

If’n ya made it thus far, ye have me thanks. 
Thank ye all for welcoming an old salt into so fyne a company of likeminded Pirates!

“A fellow with no wish to be governed, inspected, indoctrinated, preached at, taxed, stamped, measured, judged, condemned, hanged, or shot.”

I have no idea why the font/background changed part way through the above post. I’m not very tech savvy, savvy? 😄

“A fellow with no wish to be governed, inspected, indoctrinated, preached at, taxed, stamped, measured, judged, condemned, hanged, or shot.”

First of all Picaroon Lagoon, welcome aboard!

15 hours ago, Picaroon Lagoon said:

...how I never ended up here sooner is amazing...

Now don't be beating yourself up for not finding us any sooner. Though we've been around in some capacity since 2003, as site traffic waned we did close her down around 2017. Through heroic effort, William Brand kept her afloat and the lanterns burning over on Facebook. During covid, a lot of us began to miss the community we had here and decided to reopen in time for our 20th year anniversary. So thank you for joining in to help us celebrate. 

...after some perusal of the different themed threads, I be see’n none what deals with treasure...

Well of course that all depends on what kind of treasure you be after. If it's within historical context - shipwrecks and the like, your best bet is likely over at "Captain Twill". If you're looking for items and merchandise crafted by your fellow shipmates, I would think "Thieves Market" is the place to go. Plus our "Search" function should be able to help direct you.

I be seein’ some right fyne swag bearin’ this sites logo and such, but I canna seem to figure on how ta be obtainin’ it? Where be the map?

As for making our merchandise, badges, buttons, patches and shirts available for purchase - well that's my fault, I'm behind in me duties and probably should have set up the Etsy store front before posting 'em to Instagram.

I have no idea why the font/background changed part way through the above post...

No worries, maybe you hit a key while typing that triggered a command thingy (official technical term) or maybe you clicked on something unintentionally, but your guess is as good as mine. Sometimes she seems to have a life of it's own - you're not alone or the only one experiencing this.

3 hours ago, Stynky Tudor said:

...after some perusal of the different themed threads, I be see’n none what deals with treasure...

Well of course that all depends on what kind of treasure you be after. If it's within historical context - shipwrecks and the like, your best bet is likely over at "Captain Twill". If you're looking for items and merchandise crafted by your fellow shipmates, I would think "Thieves Market" is the place to go. Plus our "Search" function should be able to help direct you.

The search bar is your friend! A good many links can be found, the below from a quick search for Shipwreck (which offers 340 results). Shipwright and Captain Twill will return those with historical emphasis.

Enjoy!

MDtrademarkFinal-1.jpg

Oooh, shiny!

Thank you all for your assistance as I gets me bearings! I’m only here…well, I’m not even sure if it’s been a full 24 hours yet, but I’m loving it here! Thank you all for being so welcoming, helpful, and yet still Piratical! 

Nice! Thanks for sharing! Could you tell us a little bit about these bits o’ treasure? Are these all shipwreck finds? Metal detecting finds on land? Or acquired from purveyors of antiquities? Perhaps a bit of all three? 

I tend to utilize all three methods (and others) in my never ending search for treasures. 

Edited by Picaroon Lagoon

A hearty welcome to ye, Picaroon. Glad ye made it to the Pub. Truly is a place for we Pirates. Aye, explore the Pub as often as ye can. Always something that pops up weekly if not daily. 😉🏴‍☠️

Tempt Fate! an' toss 't all t' Hell!"

"I'm completely innocent of whatever crime I've committed."

The one, the only,... the infamous!

Thank you. I’m glad I made it here too!  Been off course for too long, but it seems I’ve caught a favorable wind! And I’ve been coming back quite regularly indeed; I’ve got 20 years of content to catch up on it seems!