Making a full kit in four months

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 278
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

On 6/2/2023 at 8:19 PM, Tudor MercWench Smith said:

Behold my mountain of shirt weight white linen! 

20230602_220004.jpg

This face down image of you in a pile of project line n made me laugh much more than it should have.

image.jpeg.6e5f24495b9d06c08a6a4e051c2bcc99.jpg

1 hour ago, William Brand said:

This face down image of you in a pile of project line n made me laugh much more than it should have.

Always pleased to amuse! 

Tonight finds me face planting in waste poly-cotton...far less pleasant but eminently necessary. 

PXL_20240612_014142044.jpg.f2dd6639f3bb0b4cc5ce53a6969f08a0.jpg

On 6/3/2024 at 9:30 AM, Stynky Tudor said:

Back when Kass/Reconstructing History frequented the Pub, a few of us had similar issue, they are great patterns however. I usually ended up trying to compare them to simpler online sources and store bought (none period) patterns to make some bastardized monstrosity.

Sadly there isn't really any other pattern to bump it against. I took a quick gander through my copy of "patterns of fashion 1" (as if I'd be able to actually do anything with the graphed patterns in there lol!) but despite having sketches of Mantuas, they don't actually have any patterns of them...

So it's back to blindly stitching the old duvet together,.hoping I'm doing it right. It's just....the gores are literally on sideways from how I normally put gores in and it's..

Confusing.

Yup. Sometimes its just trial and error til the lightbulb goes off. Figure out a couple steps, try it on, rework, try the next steps... Best of luck!

That's my experience with drop front breeches. I finally got one pair done for myself and swore I would never do another. Since then I've had more than a few requests to make them, but since I rarely do Rev War anymore I'm sooooo not gonna worry about it.

The problem is, once you have one done thats sometimes all you needed. Lots of work for 1 item, so I feel for ye.

background.jpg

Aye... Plunder Awaits!