Anyone need a Mercenary Wench around these parts??

Evening, all!

So strange being back on the Pub!

Back in the day, I was known as MercenaryWench around here. This profile got created a few years back during a previous attempted comeback, at which time i realized that i didn't even remember what email that original account was linked to so i couldnt reset and log in. 

In reality, the name is Miranda, but I'll probably also answer to "Mira", "Merc", "Tudor', "Mistress Smith", "Where the hell is the Captain's Steward???", And if you are under three feet tall and look excessively like my husband i will also probably answer to "MomMOMmomMAMAmooooom"

I showed up here, originally, around '04-'05 as an a socially inept 17 year old with a pirates of the Caribbean fanfiction, no friends, and a crush on a wastrel that played a pirate at a Ren faire. I had always loved pirates prior to that (thanks for that, Erroll Flynn's "Captain Blood"), and was a massive history nerd, so finding this place was just the *perfect* outlet.

Not to get too sentimental but it was actually rather formative and life saving in a way.  Especially once i got involved with The Watch Dog project. I loved being a part of that crew, even if i wasn't always the most reliable or best contributor.

i faded away from the Pub in general in my early twenties due to, no lie, absolutely no access to the Internet (sounds crazy now) and a crazy work schedule. 

As previously mentioned, a comeback was attempted a few years back but then, again, life.... marriage, mortgage, kids, the whole lot of it.

So, now that i have a novel of a post written....here i am again, just a new version. 

I live in NE Ohio, a mile off the greatest lake, and yet have somehow never gone sailing on it. I still absolutely love maritime and piratical history along with several other periods (though my scholarship is amature if ardent). I am married to a man who is very much *not* a wastrel, and who bemusedly indulges my pirate proclivities, and have two toddlers, one of which i have recently come to realize is the human embodiment of my pirate persona (God save me!). In addition to history, and writing, hobbies include sewing, gardening, drinking more tea and coffee than is probably good for me, playing video games, reading, teaching Sunday school, and hanging out with my kids.

I'm mostly back here hoping to do some more writing again, and because I've been talked into making the Massacre Island event my annual "mommy needs a vacation" break this year. (It didn't take much convincing). I think i might do a thread to chronicle building my entire kit from the ground up over the next four months to be ready for the event if any one is interested. 

otherwise.....cheers, all! Glad to be back.

- Merc

Edited by TudorSmith

Welcome back! Funny how, as long as someones been gone, they eventually pop up again.

Glad to hear you are going to Massacre Island. We are really looking forward to it and working on our kits.

background.jpg

Aye... Plunder Awaits!

16 hours ago, madPete said:

Welcome back! Funny how, as long as someones been gone, they eventually pop up again.

Glad to hear you are going to Massacre Island. We are really looking forward to it and working on our kits.

Thanks for the welcome! I'm very excited. I made a very poor choice years back to *not* go to PiP one year when i had the opportunity so Massacre Island is really going to to be an amazing chance to right that wrong lol!!

14 hours ago, Stynky Tudor said:

Ahoy and Welcome Aboard MercenaryWench, it's great to see you back on the Pub!

So good to be back! Thanks for resurrecting it

11 hours ago, Mary Diamond said:

Welcome back! And please feel free to message me via the Pub regarding Kit, should you require any assistance. I am happy to help.

Will do, thanks very much! I'm starting from the ground up as what gear i had back in the day was all Ren faire pirate and didn't survive the years. Like i said, i will probably start a thread tracking my progress, and I'm sure asking for opinions lol

2 hours ago, William Brand said:

"Where the hell is the Captain's Ste...?"

Ah.  Welcome back.  It's strange to think that there will be three crew members of the 'Dog at Massacre Island.  Long live the Dogs of War!

*Snappy salute* here, sir!

Three is a good start. How do we gang press more lol??!

We need enough to justify flying the 'Dog's flag. (Do we have one? Do i need to add it to the list of what i need to make lol???)

On 4/22/2023 at 10:23 AM, TudorSmith said:

We need enough to justify flying the 'Dog's flag. (Do we have one? Do i need to add it to the list of what i need to make lol???)

I got a little light headed and giddy at the idea of an actual Watch Dog flag.  Let me mull that over a bit.  There are many more things we could use before that specific thing.  Especially for Massacre Island.  I'll send you a message about that soon.

image.jpeg.6e5f24495b9d06c08a6a4e051c2bcc99.jpeg

6 hours ago, William Brand said:

I got a little light headed and giddy at the idea of an actual Watch Dog flag.  Let me mull that over a bit.  There are many more things we could use before that specific thing.  Especially for Massacre Island.  I'll send you a message about that soon.

Likewise. Let me know what i can do to help make it happen 

Ahoy again, and welcome back! Aye! I remember ye! Such a delight to see another familiar pirate. Huzzah! Sounds like life really took ye on quite an adventure thus far. Have fun! 

Tempt Fate! an' toss 't all t' Hell!"

"I'm completely innocent of whatever crime I've committed."

The one, the only,... the infamous!

On 4/23/2023 at 2:13 PM, Duchess said:

Welcome back!

Thanks very much! Good to be back.

On 4/24/2023 at 2:25 PM, LadyBarbossa said:

Ahoy again, and welcome back! Aye! I remember ye! Such a delight to see another familiar pirate. Huzzah! Sounds like life really took ye on quite an adventure thus far. Have fun! 

It is lots of fun being back and seeing all the old "faces". It's only been a literal lifetime lol