Escondido Renaissance Faire

Rumba Rue

The Escondido Ren-faire is the first weekend of April, 3-4.

It's a great faire, lots of trees, wonderful area, and of course PRP will be there with our encampment.

Though it's not a pirate faire, this particular faire is growing larger and larger all the time as word spreads about the great location.

Besides, I love having such an event virtually in my own 'backyard' - I'm seven minutes away! Yippeeee, no camping required for me!

If those of you living here in S. Calif. get a chance to attend this event, do it!

Even though it's only one weekend, it's definately worth coming for.

Hoping to meet some more of you great people!

Rumba Rue

**Life is what you make it, so make it happy** :rolleyes:

I'll be lookin' fer ye, RumbaRue! I be only four minutes away from the location. :rolleyes:

(Be only fair fer me t'visit ye since ye visited me at the SF convention.)

hook_banner2.jpg

Captain, we always knew you were a whoopsie.

Rumors of my death are entirely premature.

I plan on attendin' the Escondito faire this year. I'll try ter be in me new clothes, but you know how the wenches are wif their appearance. :) Actually, I don't know if I'll have all my stuff together, really. Maybe I'll go in me Captain Jack Sparrow costume.

I live in So. California, so I hope that this faire won't be too far from me home. If'n I don' go for the weekend, I'll make it jus' a day trip. I'll be lookin' fer ye both! I also wanted to talk to the Port Royal Privateers and get some information on the group. By the time of the faire, I'll be turnin' 18 just a week later, so maybe they can bend the rules a bit? :rolleyes:

Lookin' forward to it!

Captain Wolfy Wench

I will definitely be there, especially since I live right here in Escondido. They have them twice each year, one in the spring and one in the fall and I go to both. Aye, each year keeps getting better and better. Well, it'll be cool if we all run into each other. I'm going to have family and friends with me, all decked out in costume. Even my best friend Toni from LA is heading down for this. She used to live in the area, it's been awhile since we went to faire together. It's going to be a lot of fun! :lol:

christinebarbossagy7.jpg

Now all we have to do is see if the Escondido 'rain' faire lives up to its name.

LOL!

Every year it has either rained the Friday night after set-up for Sat. or it's rained Sat. night. Geesh I remember it even rained very briefly prior to a Sat. morning opening.

Warning, this faire can be cold, so dress approprietly. I think only a couple of times was it nice, humid, and just a tad hot.

Check the weather reports for the area.

Don't worry Wolfy, you and your friends are all welcome into our encampment as long as they all be in costume.

Not sure where we'll be, but in the past we've had our encampment over by the food booths, just past them into the 'alcove' of the park to the east.

Hoping that might change...hope....hope....hope....

Rumba Rue

** :lol: **

• 2 weeks later...

Well, the Escondido faire was a great success! B) I met Rumba Rue, er actually she found me first. My friends and I had been hanging out a lot in the Pirate area and then ended up getting invited by the one guild. They're called the Black Sail, I think. Something like that. What a great bunch of people! :) We went again on Sunday, I had used the bracelett they gave me to get in for free. That's when I met Rumba Rue. She came by after she saw me walk over to the group. She's great and really cool! Oh, and she said to let you all know she's been having problems with her computer, which is why she hasn't been on lately. But she's alive and well-lol! It was a great, but long weekend. Now, tis time to get back in to the ol' grind *sigh*. Yup, I have work tonight. B) Ah, well, looking forward to the next faire, the big one in San Bernadino! B)

christinebarbossagy7.jpg

The faire was indeed a great success for all! I had a grea' time, and even brought along a friend (who I think is going to be a little hooked on 'em!). I went into the Pirate's Cove and saw all of the encampments, bu' becuase it was close to closing on Sunday, eveythin was being taken down and it looked like the pyrates were just hangin' out 'till they were kicked out.

I wish I could've met some of ye there, but I wouldn't've known where to look! We got a lot of comments on our costumes, however, me friend wearin' me own Jack Sparrow outfit (the best one there, I thought!) and meself in a Will turner outfit. Both of us wenches, eh. Was much fun.

Lookin' forward to the next faire!

Captain Wolfy Wench