Meet your Admin / Moderators

Black Syren

Meet your Admin / Moderator Team 

Hello my name is Kimberly but I am known as The Black Syren . I am a Texas native and have always been fascinated with pirates and buried treasure. Grew up close to the coast so during the summer or on weekends I was always at Crystal Beach or riding the ferry to Galveston. 

The ferry became my pirate ship and I have been hooked ever since. However, I did not know about the Pyracy Pub till The Curse of the Black Pearl came out. I began looking online for others who shared my interest. I had no idea how many shared my interest till I signed into the Pub. 

Of course, signing in meant coming up with a name and I went by Siren, Siren Song and Treasure till I settled on The Black Syren and it’s been my name ever sense. 

I love all things Pirate and of course the Trident is MY symbol LOL. I love Tridents! I sing, belly dance, write (my favorite) , paint and draw and though not great at sewing I do try. 

For my home life I am happily married for about 26 years, have a daughter who is 24 years old and who is also married. I also belong to a crew called The Brotherhood of the Crossed Bones and we have members across the state of Texas! We gather at Ren Faires (Sherwood Forest and TRF) as well as work with charities like Make A Wish and Austin Pets Alive! 

I am your moderator for The Scuttlebutt and the Galley.  All in all glad to meet you and if you have questions or need anything let us know! 

Welcome to the Pub and grab a Plunder Me Cherry (Drink) and immerse yourself in all things Pyracy! 

Cheers, 

The Black Syren 

Edited by Black Syren
Adding my topics of Mod

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v519/Dara286/trident01-11.png

If you got a dream chase it, cause a dream won't chase you back...(Cody Johnson Till you Can't)

Black Syren Logo small.png

Ah, a homework assignment. Raphael Mission. Engineer. Pretend surgeon. Armchair historian. (Foxe's label for me.) Cyclist. My home is an art project. 

As for who I am, there's this: http://www.piratesurgeon.com...

...and then there's this: https://markck.com

And somehow those two things fit together. 

Mycroft: "My brother has the brain of a scientist or a philosopher, yet he elects to be a detective. What might we deduce about his heart?"

John: "I don't know."

Mycroft: "Neither do I. But initially he wanted to be a pirate."

Mission_banner5.JPG

39 minutes ago, Mission said:

Ah, a homework assignment.

Misunderstanding the assignment, I didn't turn my work in to the correct location. I'll copy it here in hopes for some partial credit.

Hello! I’m Duchess. I’m your Arts of Pyracy Moderator.

I spent my childhood summers working with my mom at one of the largest renaissance festivals in the country. I worked there again as an adult for almost a decade. I’ve been involved in a variety of historic, theater and arts related endeavors for much of my life, but stepped away from performing about 15 years ago. I still have most of my gear, living in totes in my small house. It might be angling for a come back or a side step, I don't know yet.

I am a physicist by training,  an inveterate and intemperate learner of skills by nature, nurture and inclination.

I’m thrilled to see the Pub return, having originally joined just a few months after it was opened in 2003. Those of you who have been around might recall that I used to moderate sea shanties and more importantly, organized the annual holiday gift exchange. While I’m moving to moderate Arts (thanks to William’s generosity) I don’t plan to hand off the holiday exchange duties any time soon. Get honing your gift making and package assembly skills and keep an eye out for that this fall!

Good day! As the merchant, Mistress Mary Diamond, I have attended GAoP events from Utah to Maine, Wisconsin to the Florida Keys, for the last 14-odd years. I am happy to moderate Crafting Kit, and look forward to seeing all your exciting and inspirational work, as well as learning and sharing new skills, tips and tricks.

I welcome your creativity, solutions, enthusiasm, and questions - we can all learn from one another. Be kind, patient and supportive, and please do let me know if I may be of any assistance.

YHS,

Mary Diamond

MDtrademarkFinal-1.jpg

Oooh, shiny!

I guess I turned in my homework in the wrong place too, so adding it here...

I will be a new moderator to the Armoury and the Thieves Market. Also heavily involved in the gathering of events for the calendar.

As MadPete (Peter Chaaps), I've been on the pub and in the pirate world since 2009. You may know me from the Fort Taylor Pirate Invasion, Searles, Ojai, Dana Point, Utah Pirate Invasion, Long Beach, or Put In Bay.

Prior to my going on the account, I was heavily involved in American Civil War artillery groups, American War for Independence, and general black powder shooting.

There are some big shoes to fill in the Armoury as moderator, with the passing of Cascabel. I only hope I can do a satisfactory job...  Kudos to our dearly departed Cascabel for the great job he did here in the past.

Dont be afraid to reach out and say Hi! I 've missed you all.

background.jpg

Aye... Plunder Awaits!