ALEXANDRIA (va) WATERFRONT FESTIVAL

Paisley

they finally have their website up! anyone interested in going???

if i'm not working it, i'll be happy to play tourguide to you outta-towners.

Alexandria Red Cross Waterfront Festival

Join us for an "Undersea Adventure" at the 23rd Annual Alexandria Red Cross Waterfront Festival, June 18-20 at Oronoco Bay Park in Old Town Alexandria. Northern Virginia's premier waterfront festival is a great way to jump start your summer. Show dad how much you appreciate him by celebrating Father's Day at the festival. Visit the tall ships, sample the frozen fruit drinks and crab cakes, shop at over 60 Arts & Crafts booths, take a spin on the ferris wheel, send the kids on a sea hunt adventure, and relax on the lawn while enjoying the waterfront view and music from the main stage. You won't want to miss the spectacular fireworks show over the bay on Saturday night!

1461668bfsjvui84v.jpg

"This calls for a particularly subtle blend of psychology & extereme violence." -Vivian, The Young Ones

Cool. maybe have to drive down.

Scupper

"That's the navy for you. Rum in the scuppers today. Blood in the scuppers tomorrow."

Thrist is a shameless disease. So here's to a shameful cure!

"Loyalty, honesty and directness are traits I admire. Insecurity, snipes and disrespect I will not tolerate in the least."

alrighty...website is halfway up...doing some research on past years, found a pic of my intermed. stage combat class teacher in garb at the festival last year.

006_4.jpg

1461668bfsjvui84v.jpg

"This calls for a particularly subtle blend of psychology & extereme violence." -Vivian, The Young Ones

• 2 weeks later...

i've never been before, but there are tall ships/nautical events from what i hear.

i don't think it's devoted to pirates, but i have heard of them being spotted there.

i will keep ya'll posted on info i get....

1461668bfsjvui84v.jpg

Sidewinder Posted on Apr 10 2004, 09:56 AM

Paisley,

Did you get my message about others doing this in the area? Looking for a crew to join.

yes i did hun....unfortunately...i don't know of any in the dc metro area. there are a couple located more towards the chesapeake bay i think....hawkynks does some reenactments. nice guy, really into it....you should contact him.

1461668bfsjvui84v.jpg

Captain Rum Lady Posted on Apr 10 2004, 10:28 AM

how do i change from a deck swabber to somthing else? Cause i'm a Captian of my my crew! 

the more you post, the higher the status....maybe you could offer bloddy buckets a nice keg o rum????

1461668bfsjvui84v.jpg

• 1 month later...

alright gentlemen!

the festival is this weekend.....who is going?????

1461668bfsjvui84v.jpg

Going to have to pass on this one - heading east to put my pyratical toes in the sand for the weekend and visit one of my favorite suttlers.

Captain Duncan McGuyver

Crew Of The Vigilant

Baltimore Maryland Based

17th & 18th Century Naval Living History

Crew Of The Vigilant

The Juryrig

MDRF Based Social & Renfaire Crew

The Juryrig

Port Tortuga

A Piracy based Pennsic household

B09 Block, The Highlands (Up Hill & Left)

Port Tortuga

Going to have to pass on this one - heading east to put my pyratical toes in the sand for the weekend and visit one of my favorite suttlers.

wheres that duncan???? local to me????

wanna meet me in philly in july???

1461668bfsjvui84v.jpg

• 1 month later...