Celtic Cross Necklace

Isabella

Hello Boyos and Girlos,

I'm cleaning out my jewelry box of things that I've never worn. Some things I bought tried on once, and was too lazy to return or mail back, and this is one of them.

I bought this beauty from the Metropolitan Musuem via their site and tried it on decided I didn't care for it on me. It's beautiful and heavy, on a small curb link chain. This is their discription of the item:

"This cross is adapted from a design in The Grammar of Ornament, a theoretical treatise in which Owen Jones (British, 1809–1874) illustrates decorative styles from a multitude of artistic traditions, ranging from Celtic sculpture to Islamic architecture to Oriental decorative arts. It was a major source for some of the most important artists, designers, and craftsmen of the late nineteenth century.

Sterling silver, lightly antiqued. Cross length 5/8 in.; chain length 17 in."

This necklace is very heavy, and very well made. It may look solid, but the back is open. It looked very danty when I bought it, but it's not. It's a heavier look and size, and would comfterably be worn by a man.

I thought I'd see if anyone would be interested, before I tossed it up on Ebay next week. :) I got it for 26.00 but would be willing to let it go for 22.00, less than than the cost that a Met Member would buy it for. <_< I'll take offers too.

cross.jpg

I'm interested. Email me and we'll parley.

Scupper

"That's the navy for you. Rum in the scuppers today. Blood in the scuppers tomorrow."

Thrist is a shameless disease. So here's to a shameful cure!

"Loyalty, honesty and directness are traits I admire. Insecurity, snipes and disrespect I will not tolerate in the least."

sent ye a mail in return lass. Let me know what you think.

Scupper

"That's the navy for you. Rum in the scuppers today. Blood in the scuppers tomorrow."

Thrist is a shameless disease. So here's to a shameful cure!

"Loyalty, honesty and directness are traits I admire. Insecurity, snipes and disrespect I will not tolerate in the least."