Pirates place your bets!!!!

Ye all seems to be enjoy'n me handy work. Giv'n me complements and all. Thank ye for yer kind words, but a lass is gotta eat!

So.......here be the link for me coats fer sale on the eBay.

Green Velvet Pirate Captain's Coat

Fleet Blue Pirate Captain's Coat

:P

291681265_m.jpg Drink Up Me Harties Yo Ho!

Shoot.... I'd already sent ye an email asking about the blue one but never got a response..

Have ya any close up photos lass?

Fine work, fine work.

Well, you may not realize it but your looking at the remains of what was once a very handsome woman!

IronBessSigBWIGT.gif

When I was at the Arizona Ren-faire over the past weekend, there was a place called Eden Naturals/Boss Wench that had really great coats for $175.00. I almost bought one. Well done with fancy trims.

Their address is: 560 Rutland Ave, San Jose, CA. 95128, phone: 408-287-2417

Rumba Rue

**My job is to comfort the disturbed and disturb the comfortable** :P

very nice. looks like the blue should fit. bidding away!

Scupper

"That's the navy for you. Rum in the scuppers today. Blood in the scuppers tomorrow."

Thrist is a shameless disease. So here's to a shameful cure!

"Loyalty, honesty and directness are traits I admire. Insecurity, snipes and disrespect I will not tolerate in the least."

I'll answer the last question, as it's more or less a fambly venture. All the ones a'ready made be of velvet. Made ta order coats could be any material ye like. The ones on ebay be upholstery weight velvet with a muslin linin'. Mine's about three years old, been in rain an' it's held up nicely. O' course, as pretty as it is, I don' wanna be wearin' me baldric o'er it, but then, boardin' actions should na' be taken while wearin' yer best garb. As ta Boss Wench (nice booth they got in Arizona), yer right about 'em bein' nice, Rumba. They be a bit light-weight fer me, though. I chill whene'er the temp goes below 60.

:blink::lol::lol:

I am Julius Aurelius, future ruler of the universe. Kneel quickly, for I have many feeble minds to overcome.

As ta Boss Wench (nice booth they got in Arizona), yer right about 'em bein' nice, Rumba. They be a bit light-weight fer me, though. I chill whene'er the temp goes below 60.

:lol:   :lol:   ;)

Arrrgh, I think they be light-weighted here (Arizona) since the temp this weekend is suppose to be in the high 90's. Yer coats be beautiful, but alas velvet will not work for me as I be visitin the faires in the southwest where it be above the 60's - 90% of the time. I keep wonderin if I'm light in the head for wantin to wear pyrate garb in the high desert. :blink:

~Black Hearted Pearl

The optimist expects the wind. The pessimist complains about the wind. The realist adjusts the sails.

Not criticisin yer work... it looks lovely, but is velvet for a coat period?

I have a lot of period nazis and they love to speak up when I step out of line... makes getting me garb difficult...

"Yo Ho, all together

hoist the colours high

Heave Ho, theives and beggers

Never shall we die..."

blackwood.jpg

"I don't care who ye say you are lad, if ye say 'savvy' one more time, I'll bury this cutlass in that thick skull

of yers!"

-Captain John Young - PILF

Someone complained about my blue velvet coat at FLARFN last year...

"Yo Ho, all together

hoist the colours high

Heave Ho, theives and beggers

Never shall we die..."

blackwood.jpg

"I don't care who ye say you are lad, if ye say 'savvy' one more time, I'll bury this cutlass in that thick skull

of yers!"

-Captain John Young - PILF

Yes, velvet be period fer the upper class an' wealthy middle class as far back as the 15th century. As has been mentioned, pirates got their pick o' whatever be on board a prize, so it ain't outta line fer a "gentleman o' fortune" ta wear velvet. Me personal experience with self-styled "period police" be that they know less than they'd like everone ta think they do. The point of a faire bein' ta entertain with a historical feel, I think that goin' all out on historical accuracy be a bit, well, compulsive ta put it politely. The fair I work is 16th century, so my coat is way ahead o' the styles, but I ain't e'er heard no guff about it from patrons or faire management. When the "period experts" come around ta lecture me, I just nod politely an' find payin' customers that need help. I love workin' a booth.

:lol::D:D

I am Julius Aurelius, future ruler of the universe. Kneel quickly, for I have many feeble minds to overcome.