Zorg's New Toy

Zorg

Just thought I'd show ya my eagerly awated new boomstick from Loyalist Arms and Repair. It's a .64 beast circa about 1640.

doglokpis.JPG

doglokpis2.JPG

Drop a kitten six feet, and she grins...

Drop an elephant six feet, and ya gots yerself a mess ta clean up....

Sometimes bein' the biggest and most powerful is the LAST thing you wanna be.....

Mad Ozymandias Zorg the Unsnottered

one more....they do really nice and reliable repros.

doglokpis1.JPG

doglokpis3.JPG

Sometimes bein' the biggest and most powerful is the LAST thing you wanna be.....

Cool, Zorg! I was actually thinking a couple of days ago that a pair of those with belthooks would be nice, if I ever get rich again. I'm glad to hear they're as nice as I thought they'd be. It says that the buttcap would be plainer. Is that pic from their catalog, or does yours have a different buttcap? Congratulations.

Capt. William Bones

Then he rapped on the door with a bit of stick like a handspike that he carried, and when my father appeared, called roughly for a glass of rum. This, when it was brought to him, he drank slowly, like a connoisseur, lingering on the taste, and still looking about him at the cliffs and up at our signboard.

"This is a handy cove," says he, at length; " and a pleasant sittyated grog-shop. Much company, mate?"

My father told him no, very little company, the more was the pity.

"Well, then," said he, "this is the berth for me."

Proprietor of Flags of Fortune.

That's actually the catalogue shot. I got mine with the belt hook installed.

;)

Ill try to get some shots of the actual piece at the range this weekend, especially ones with it goin "boom" ....the .64 balls are a bear to find, though, and Im gonna wind up getting a mold fer it. Most of my other powder pieces are .44 or .50, and those are simple to get hold of.

;)

Beautimus. Very nice indeed lad.

--------------

"Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in one pretty well preserved piece without an even a kiss your hand, but to skid across the line broadside, thoroughly used up, worn out, smelling of powder, shouting ARRRG!!"

sig1.jpg

Very nice. ;)

Please post photos of it in action. ;)

~Selestia~

First Wench

Pyrates Of the Eastern Sea

Email - pyratesoftheeasternsea@usa.com

Website - Pyrates Of The Eastern Sea

Pirate Reenactor - Tales Of The Seven Seas

website - Tales Of The Seven Seas

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Wildest dream come true ~or~ worst nightmare realized....

the choice is NOT yours....

it all depends on which mood I'm in

.... and....

how much rum there is to drink!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Zorg,I wrote earlier, but I guess I must have still been asleep, and didn't post it. Is the buttcap much different from the one pictured on their site? Cool pistol! 2 days ago,I was daydreaming of getting a pair of them with belthooks. Congratulations on your new baby!

Capt. William Bones

Then he rapped on the door with a bit of stick like a handspike that he carried, and when my father appeared, called roughly for a glass of rum. This, when it was brought to him, he drank slowly, like a connoisseur, lingering on the taste, and still looking about him at the cliffs and up at our signboard.

"This is a handy cove," says he, at length; " and a pleasant sittyated grog-shop. Much company, mate?"

Now my first reply shows up!

Capt. William Bones

The butt cap is smooth on mine. Actually I also have the hots for one of their jacobian locks, but they're having trouble getting them.

;)

are ya bringin your new

baby on her first trip to morehead

Of course, love. One reason I bought it. :lol:

we are going to have sooooooo much fun!

Especially after the charges are dropped..... :lol:

That is a bloody beautifull piece.  I can't wait to hear how she performs.

Did you drill the breach hole yourself or have someone else do it?

Loyalist Arms gets the pieces from the manufacturers, does some of their own work on them, bores the touchhole, proofs em, then takes the lock out so they can send em in two separate packages (thereby being "parts" not a completely functioning firearm.

:lol:

Zorg,

Thanks for the reply. I been looking at the British Heavy Dragoon that is offered on a number of sites for a while. It looks like Loyalist might be a good option. :unsure:

Capt, I certainly have had a good experience with em, and I thinks they may have their dragoon on special or something right now :)

Just thought I'd show ya my eagerly awated new boomstick from Loyalist Arms and Repair. It's a .64 beast circa about 1640.

doglokpis.JPG

doglokpis2.JPG

Ahoy Zorq and all,

Actually, those doglocks with that stock are about 1680, not 1640. if you put that lock on a stock like their 'jacobean' lock, then you would have a 1640's doglock.

The buttcap on the prototype is a 18th century heavy dragoon pistol buttcap, which they just threw on to complete the prototype - a late 17th century butcap will not have the extended brass bits running up the stock, but is flat straight across (unlike the 'ears' on the buttcap of the 'Early Sea Service pistol).

Without a belthook, thats in essence a James II, or a late Charles II heavy cavalry holster pistol - add a belthook, and it's the Naval varient. If you wanted to, and had access to a gunsmith with the stamp or the engraving tool, it would look very much like an original if you added a James II crown and cipher to the lockplate.

Loyalist Arms makes a very sturdy, servicable reproduction gun. Best yet, you can get spare parts from them if a spring goes wonkey or the like - unlikely, since the springs are like built like a Mac Truck - more than a bit heavier than the original, but unlikely to fail you. Awe-inpiring to cock though, and interesting when a feather spring requirees some force to put a frizzen down over a pan. :lol:

OK, great looking guns, but I have a few questions-especially for anyone familiar with CT state gun laws. First of all, how much was this fine piece, and how much is that sea service pistol that was mentioned? Second, do you need any pistol permit for a black powder firearm? Lastly, does it need to be shipped to an FFL? Thinking o' getting me somethin' along the lines o' this gun, and Loyalist Arms sounds like a reliable dealer.

Coastie :lol:

She was bigger and faster when under full sail

With a gale on the beam and the seas o'er the rail

sml_gallery_27_597_266212.jpg

OK, great looking guns, but I have a few questions-especially for anyone familiar with CT state gun laws. First of all, how much was this fine piece, and how much is that sea service pistol that was mentioned? Second, do you need any pistol permit for a black powder firearm? Lastly, does it need to be shipped to an FFL? Thinking o' getting me somethin' along the lines o' this gun, and Loyalist Arms sounds like a reliable dealer.

Coastie :lol:

Ahoy Coastie,

I think that particular piece is @ $320 USD, the Early Sea Service pistol is $299 (both before shipping). On the Sea Service pistol, if you get three or more people to order a group order, they give a discount.

I am not sure about Conneticut State Law, but according to Federal law, that isn't a firearm legally - it is an antique or collectors piece. Even in Canada, where pistols are essentially forbidden, without the touch hole drilled, it isn't a pistol (or a firearm). In Mass, the State law has it that without a flint in place, it isn't considered a pistol.

You should be able to mail order that directly, and possess it. Check out your states specific laws regarding carry of same.

Read my review of the Early Sea Service pistol for a detailed description of the Loyalist Arms product.