South Sea Company and captn. Lowther

Not so long ago I read a David Gordingly's book (has many other writers like M. Rederiker) "Pirates An Illustrated History of Privateers, Buccaneers, and Pirates from the Sixteenth Century to the Present" And it say that George Lowther was killed in battle which occurred when Sohut sea Company's ship ( many sources say that ship was " Eagle" but not that was it Soth sea Company's or not )surprised Lowther while he was careening his ship in some island. Then when pirates were about to lose Lowther killed himself with his pistol. Is this true since there is some serious errors in that book? And this happened in 1720s but it seems that South sea company was still bright even though there was the bubble in 1720. :huh:

Edited by Swashbuckler 1700

"I have not yet Begun To Fight!"
John Paul Jones

flag-christopher-condent.gif

Which bit are you asking about? Walter Moor in the South Sea Company vessel Eagle surprised Lowther's men ashore. Lowther was neither captured nor killed and it was believed at the time that he committed suicide.

The South Sea Company was actively trading until the mid 18th century and still existed until the mid-19th century.

Foxe

"With this Fore-Staff he fansies he does Wonders, when, God knows, it amounts to no more but only to solve that simple Question, Where are we? Which every chi'd in London can tell you." - Ned Ward The Wooden World Dissected, 1707

ETFox.co.uk

Which bit are you asking about? Walter Moor in the South Sea Company vessel Eagle surprised Lowther's men ashore. Lowther was neither captured nor killed and it was believed at the time that he committed suicide.

The South Sea Company was actively trading until the mid 18th century and still existed until the mid-19th century.

All those things. Thanks for reply. ;)

John Paul Jones

No probs. I'm pretty sure that somewhere on the forum, years ago, I posted Walter Moor's letter about the event. You might find it with a search if it hasn't been cleaned up and I'm not imagining things.

Foxe

"With this Fore-Staff he fansies he does Wonders, when, God knows, it amounts to no more but only to solve that simple Question, Where are we? Which every chi'd in London can tell you." - Ned Ward The Wooden World Dissected, 1707

ETFox.co.uk

No probs. I'm pretty sure that somewhere on the forum, years ago, I posted Walter Moor's letter about the event. You might find it with a search if it hasn't been cleaned up and I'm not imagining things.

I did not found it even if I searced with many different options. :(

John Paul Jones