Gasparilla review and photo album

alright mates...i had planned on a cool website, but hubby has yet to "fix" it for me...so i leave you to go village photo for the pictures.

feel free to use them!

Gasparilla Photo Album

as for the review. i'm not a skilled writer, so i'll make it short n sweet.

i can't even begin to compare the traffic in tampa to washington dc, but we (micah n i) choose to ride a shuttle in from the bucc's football stadium. pleaseant ride, not every far away...only $6 pp...well worth it. parking was "free".

we arrived to find many people claiming their spots on the parade route. with GREAT advice from lady elaina we purchaced bleacher seats which kept us away from the screaming, drunk college kids, and the pushing. no other way to go...get the bleacher seats. con: i was too short to catch beads and alot of people lost their footing jumping on the bleachers...be careful.

the crowd..not very hip on the pirate thing...i saw a FEW people in the stands dressed in pirate attire. mostly consisted of a bandana or eyepatch with some kind of pirate hat. when we walked part of the parade route, most people thought we were in the parade. (we were decked out).

the parade....very good! the floats were beautiful. SOME PEOPLE couldn't hear when their name was shouted out....wonder who that was....*cough, sneeze "titanic". it started in front of us at 3pm, and finished by 5pm. bring earplugs for kids shrieking "B E A D S" in your ear for several hours. oh...and a net...like a "kid" kind you catch butterflys n bugs in. it makes it easier to catch the beads.

overall...i give it a "b", i'd like to plan the timing of arrival & parade starting a little better. it would be more fun with a group of people. bring some food, etc.

if you have any questions, please post...

and yes...i would go again.

1461668bfsjvui84v.jpg

"This calls for a particularly subtle blend of psychology & extereme violence." -Vivian, The Young Ones

it wouldn't happen to be the one of the tampa bay bucc's cheerleaders, would it????

;)

1461668bfsjvui84v.jpg

"This calls for a particularly subtle blend of psychology & extereme violence." -Vivian, The Young Ones

Awesome., looks like a grand time indeed., thanks fer sharin' aye. Lots of time .,talent and people., I believe we are finally going in 2006., a long way out yet., but the older I get the faster its going !!!

Cheers

HarborMaster

I am not Lost .,I am Exploring.

"If you give a man a fire, he will be warm for a night, if you set a man on fire, he will be warm for the rest of his life!"

i have one of micah with his beaded treasure...6lbs worth!..but alas, none of me...: (

maybe we'll get some of me in morehead city...hope i dont break the camera

1461668bfsjvui84v.jpg

Yknow, the pyratical land cruiser has a certain twisted appeal....... :)

Drop a kitten six feet, and she grins...

Drop an elephant six feet, and ya gots yerself a mess ta clean up....

Sometimes bein' the biggest and most powerful is the LAST thing you wanna be.....

Mad Ozymandias Zorg the Unsnottered

Zorg Posted on Mar 10 2004, 09:09 AM

Yknow, the pyratical land cruiser has a certain twisted appeal....... 

has visions of shark fins and tail attached to her car....

*making "fins" above her head with her hands*

"fins to the left...fins to the right...."

1461668bfsjvui84v.jpg

MORE PHOTOS..., MORE PHOTOS !!! :ph34r:

Do you have more to post., we've really enjoyed them!!

HarborMaster :ph34r:

I am not Lost .,I am Exploring.

"If you give a man a fire, he will be warm for a night, if you set a man on fire, he will be warm for the rest of his life!"

i have about 3 left that i didn't post...not that good.

sorry harbor.....how bout next year????

1461668bfsjvui84v.jpg