A question about pirate fandoms

Elena

thank_you-8398.gif

This is my way to thank you all for your friendship - I think it is about one year, if not more, since I am here and I have learnt a lot of things from you. I have contributed too little, but I have read a lot, you have been here to answer my questions... and yes, of course I'm staying, this is NOT a good bye, only... another honest question, which I hope I am allowed to ask. And if it is longer, like everything I am writing... please, bear with me. You might again know something I don't, your answers have always been helpful.

Besides learning lots of things about the period and setting my Age of Sail RPGs are in, because I like having my stories as period correctly as possible, I admit that I hoped to get some more people interested in the period to write the stories together with us "Before the Mast". I had been told that being active on "fandom discussion sites" helped lots of RPG administrators gain new members, and if this is obviously true for Star Trek, Harry Potter or other fandoms of this kind, I found out that being active here didn't help with this (but it helped a lot with some concrete elements for my stories - thank you a lot! I have never regretted joining this friendly pub and I have lots of you on my Facebook too - some gave a "like" to my page).

That the Piracy Pub is a pirate fandom site, indeed, but here people are more into acting than writing, they dress up and play pirates lots of week-ends, and they have not so much time or interest for writing. But you might know other websites too, other forum discussion sites focused on the Age of Sail and pirates... and with this I am needing your help/ recommendations.

In a world where many such places have a lifespan of a handful of months, "Before the Mast" has survived one year already, and six full months in our story (January - June 1719). It means dedication, and we have it. We have now 13 active members, with 34 characters, but we'd like more. And I am asking you - which other forums open for registration - because I have seen enough who can be read and I can find some answers, but which aren;t open for registration anymore - might qualify as pirate fandom? Where from could I attract more people interested in the Age of Sail and in writing pirate stories?

Yes, I say Age of Sail, not PoTC, because we are no Jack Sparrow and co, only original characters, and we don't have fantasy elements.

I thank you for your support, not only here but also to those who liked my Facebook page and who retwittered my twitters about the site...

BTMnewad.jpg
-A swashbuckling adventures RPG, set in 1720 in West Indies; winner of Distant Fantasies& RPG-D Member's Choice Award; RPG Conference's Originality Award; 2011 & 2012 Simming Prizes-

• 2 weeks later...

You're welcome, Elena.

That the Piracy Pub is a pirate fandom site, indeed, but here people are more into acting than writing, they dress up and play pirates lots of week-ends, and they have not so much time or interest for writing. But you might know other websites too, other forum discussion sites focused on the Age of Sail and pirates... and with this I am needing your help/ recommendations.

I'm afraid I don't know of any nautical-themed writing forums; that's why I joined a general writing forum. It has a historical fiction section, though its not focused on any particular era. It's also heavily geared toward writing for publication, and I don't know if that's what you want. I'll give you the link if you want to check it out anyway.

Of course I want. Writing for publication vs being published on the net, in a forum... it is still writing and I guess I might find somebody interested in our stories.

Besides, I guess I can find there also creative writing tips I am interested in, so... please, do tell!

BTMnewad.jpg
-A swashbuckling adventures RPG, set in 1720 in West Indies; winner of Distant Fantasies& RPG-D Member's Choice Award; RPG Conference's Originality Award; 2011 & 2012 Simming Prizes-

Thank you very much!

I bookmarked it, and I'll have time to explore it (and join it) in a few days.

BTMnewad.jpg