Capiteyn Jan Bart

PoD

I just found this period portrait of a Dutch pirate named Capiteyn Jan Bart (or Jean Bart / Baert) from 1675-1724

AN00470901_001_l.jpg

check out his neck scarf thing. I havent seen one worn like that before. He is wearing the higher heel shoes too.

bannerad.jpg

...and then I discovered the wine...

And a somewhat less flattering (and probably more realistic) portrait of the same man:

495px-Jean_Bart_mg_9487.jpg

(And whenever I look at that first picture I can't help wondering if it's a young David Niven, or Vivien Leigh in drag)

Foxe

"With this Fore-Staff he fansies he does Wonders, when, God knows, it amounts to no more but only to solve that simple Question, Where are we? Which every chi'd in London can tell you." - Ned Ward The Wooden World Dissected, 1707

ETFox.co.uk

The PhotoShop of its time.

-- Hurricane

http://piratesofthecoast.com/images/pyracy-logo1.jpg

• Captain of The Pyrates of the Coast
  • Author of "Memoirs of a Buccaneer: 30 Year Before the Mast" (Published in Fall 2011)
  • Scurrilous Rogue
  • Stirrer of Pots
  • Fomenter of Mutiny
  • Bon Vivant & Roustabout
  • Part-time Carnival Barker
  • Certified Ex-Wife Collector
  • Experienced Drinking Companion

"I was screwed. I readied my confession and the sobbing pleas not to tell my wife. But as I turned, no one was in the bed. The room was empty. The naked girl was gone, like magic."

"Memoirs of a Buccaneer: 30 Years Before the Mast" - Amazon.com

Jean Bart (21 October 1651 – 27 April 1702) was a Flemish sailor who primarily served the French crown as naval commander and privateer.

Jean Bart's site - because I didn't want to quote Wikipedia.

BTMnewad.jpg
-A swashbuckling adventures RPG, set in 1720 in West Indies; winner of Distant Fantasies& RPG-D Member's Choice Award; RPG Conference's Originality Award; 2011 & 2012 Simming Prizes-