Forum becalmed tonight

Daniel

Sorry.

I've been quiet recently. You see, my favorite and local NHL hockey team just announced they were moving from Atlanta to Winnipeg, Canada.

I'm pissed, depressed, and generally upset about that. Its been trumping most all else recently.

When not obsessing over hockey forums, and working, and family, I've been reading the book "Shallops and Sloops," to learn more about one of my favorite period seacraft.

-John "Tartan Jack" Wages, of South Carolina

178804A2-CB54-4706-8CD9-7B8196F1CBD4.jpeg

There are four large events this weekend, including Blackbeard. It's probably going to be pretty slow around here until Monday. B)

Mycroft: "My brother has the brain of a scientist or a philosopher, yet he elects to be a detective. What might we deduce about his heart?"

John: "I don't know."

Mycroft: "Neither do I. But initially he wanted to be a pirate."

Mission_banner5.JPG

Sorry.

I've been quiet recently. You see, my favorite and local NHL hockey team just announced they were moving from Atlanta to Winnipeg, Canada.

I'm pissed, depressed, and generally upset about that. Its been trumping most all else recently.

When not obsessing over hockey forums, and working, and family, I've been reading the book "Shallops and Sloops," to learn more about one of my favorite period seacraft.

Hmmmmmm........ I guess I don't understand sports fans. How can they not still be your favorite team, even though they move to Winnepeg ?? B):D

>>>> Cascabel

I just got back from Hampton last night (no money to stay overnight, alas).

It was SO FRIGGIN' AWESOME! I am totally pumped! I got to spend HOURS talking with Bosun Cross, Jolly Jack Tar, and Callenish Gunner. I also got to meet Capt. Sterling, Dorian Lasseter, Matty Bottles, Adam Cypher, and many others of the good ship Archangel. I got to ACTUALLY HOLD AND USE a backstaff and plumb Jack's knowledge of navigation! It took me quite a while to locate people from the Pub, but it was worth the search. And seeing the Ocracoke battle re-enactment, the singing by the Brigands and Calico Jack and Jenny, the fireworks,

I am definitely going to join this hobby at some point. Maybe not until after I graduate from law school, but this is going to happen.