Ahoy Midwest Pirates

Hawkyns

For all you pirates in the Midwest, here is one of the best places to acquire 18th century kit and weapons. All sorts of stuff, and some of the best suppliers. This is a big show and will take at least a day to go through the whole thing. The show is in Kalamazoo, MI on the 20/21 March.

http://www.kalamazooshow.com/

Cannon add dignity to what otherwise would be merely an ugly brawl

I do what I do for my own reasons.

I do not require anyone to follow me.

I do not require society's approval for my actions or beliefs.

if I am to be judged, let me be judged in the pure light of history, not the harsh glare of modern trends.

rod_21.jpg

Wish I could make it!

Capt. William Bones

Then he rapped on the door with a bit of stick like a handspike that he carried, and when my father appeared, called roughly for a glass of rum. This, when it was brought to him, he drank slowly, like a connoisseur, lingering on the taste, and still looking about him at the cliffs and up at our signboard.

"This is a handy cove," says he, at length; " and a pleasant sittyated grog-shop. Much company, mate?"

My father told him no, very little company, the more was the pity.

"Well, then," said he, "this is the berth for me."

Proprietor of Flags of Fortune.

It's held indoors, isn't it, Hawkyns? B) (Some of us adopted Southerners prefer not to be reminded of one of the reasons we adopted the South, and Michigan outdoors in March might prove too painful a reminder!) B)

Capt. William

"The fight's not over while there's a shot in the locker!"

Is Kalamazoo on the Southern or Northern Peninsula? I gots fambly in about the middle o' the Southern "hand" part o' the state, but I doesn't 'member ever hearin' o' the place. 'Course it don't mean I ain't never been there, either.

I am Julius Aurelius, future ruler of the universe. Kneel quickly, for I have many feeble minds to overcome.

• 3 weeks later...

Just a reminder, the Kalamazoo show is this weekend. Major opportunity to shop for living history supplies from clothing to weapons, to books, to neat stuff for your seachest.

I'll be there in my New England privateers rig, all day Saturday. Anyone else showing up? See my first post for the link.

Hawkyns

;)

Cannon add dignity to what otherwise would be merely an ugly brawl

I do what I do for my own reasons.

I do not require anyone to follow me.

I do not require society's approval for my actions or beliefs.

if I am to be judged, let me be judged in the pure light of history, not the harsh glare of modern trends.

rod_21.jpg