custom made boots

Does anyone know where one can buy custom made boots? Or some with buckles up the side?

I saw some lovlies at the Georgia Ren Faire but lost the makers business card.

I'm afraid me dear mother passed on her thick calves gene to me . The boots I have now are Ok but I'm a-wantin' something a bit more dashin'.

Thanks,

S. H. Maggie

Long Live the crew of the CrimsonPermanent Assurance!

Check some links I have here Texican Privateers Pirate resources

--------------

"Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in one pretty well preserved piece without an even a kiss your hand, but to skid across the line broadside, thoroughly used up, worn out, smelling of powder, shouting ARRRG!!"

sig1.jpg

I usually make me own boots, or rather remake me own. Find yerself a pair o' boots ye like, at least the shoe part an' change the tops. I find that a pair o' "Dingo's" with the square toes are adaptable fer most time periods.

All ye need do is carefully cut the threads to remove the tops, use the old tops fer a patern. Make sure ye have leather large enough to make them as tall as ye need. Sewin' leather isn't much harder than fabric. You might want to buy an "Awl for all" (now available at Walmart), they make a good locking stitch. Doin' it this way ye can make any pair o' boots ye wan't at about a tenth of the price ye can buy them for.

I think, therefor I am. Or maybe I just think I am.

I have my boots custom made here...., they will do your foot in 14 differant measurement., Foot measurements I never heard of., this is absolutely the most fantastic pair of anything I have ever worn......, to bad there bucket topped Pirate boots and not for EVERYDAY..., cause these feel AWESOME...., If you want buckles or can draw a sketch of what you got in mind...., then scan it., and include it in your email..., they will make whatever you want..., Do you wanna be Capn Kirk?., a StormTrooper?., Gene Simmons?., a clown?., big leprichan .....,these people make FOOTWARE.

HarborMaster

http://caboots.zoovy.com/category/mp/

I am not Lost .,I am Exploring.

"If you give a man a fire, he will be warm for a night, if you set a man on fire, he will be warm for the rest of his life!"

Hunting Hawk, thanks for the advice. Thanks kinda what I have done in the past...They turned out OK but are getting a bit worn out as I can detach the top and use them for everyday boots.

Harbour Master,

Thanks for your link as well. The problem isn't shoe size but leg circumference. I have pretty but plump legs and that's the problem.

Thanks for the link, though.

I must say I am impressed by the speed and amount of help one gets from the pyratical community here!!!

Thanks again and here's to ya! B)

Silverhearted Maggie

Long Live the crew of the CrimsonPermanent Assurance!

Dear Black Deacon,

Wow! What a collection of links for piractical sources (and not so,,,ostriches?)

Anyway, thanks , actually I found some other things I was looking for...

S.H.maggie

Ye be welcome. The ostrich link is for plumes and other feather needs.

--------------

"Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in one pretty well preserved piece without an even a kiss your hand, but to skid across the line broadside, thoroughly used up, worn out, smelling of powder, shouting ARRRG!!"

sig1.jpg