1670 Danish Boarding Axe

KingsForge

Ahoy mates! If yer needin a period correct style boarding axe we are taking orders for a 1675 model Danish Boarding Axe as seen in William Gilkersons Boarders Away. We needed to let our mates know now as we already have 3 pre sold including this one pictured that is soon to be done. These are a pretty highly decorated boarding axe with 3 cartouches with crowns on each side with C5 for King Christian V and the year 1675 on side facing. The overall length is 28". We have them on our website at kingsforgeandmuzzleloading.com Thank ye mates

Danish.JPG

Will King

Kings Forge and Muzzleloading

It is about time somebody started making these... kudos!

Now make the boarding pike head!

Saw your grapling hook. I have pics of a simpler three tined model that might be easier to make. One long round stock piece folded in half with sharpened ends turned down. The fold in the middle serves as the ring anchor...

Then another tine is welded to the other two.

It dates to the 1700s.

Found my picture

graplinghook.jpg

Good luck

Edited by Gentleman of Fortune

Come aboard my pirate re-enacting site

http://www.gentlemenoffortune.com/

Where you will find lots of information on building your authentic Pirate Impression!

Aye thank you mate! I will be making those also as in the picture you gave us. We do make a couple of boarding pikes also of the English Leaf pattern as well as an American pattern. We just got the specs on the Whydah Pike and in the weeks to come we will be making those also. We have several orders for the Danish boarding axe you see above that will be keeping us pretty busy for a bit but we are always looking for something new for our crews. Thank you much for the picture mate. Its our please to be makin yer acquaintance

Will King

Just paid for mine. Looking forward to seeing it in the flesh, so to speak.

Now to save for he whydah pike head when you do that too. One just isnt enough

bannerad.jpg

...and then I discovered the wine...

Going to final stamping and proof mark on Monday on 5 of the Danish Boarding axes, have one of the 5 that is not sold yet if anyone be liking to have one. Will be posting pictures of finished pieces by Mid week with fair skies for me work

Will King

• 2 months later...

Got my boarding axe from Kings Forge last month and I have to say it is awesome. The detail and quality is amazing. I would recommend them to anyone who wants a serious period accurate piece of kit.

bannerad.jpg

...and then I discovered the wine...

Thank ye Pod, Tips me hat and bow's. It was an honor as always to supply you with me wares. Next on the table we are working on is the British Royal Navy Boarding Axe with langet's that we should have done within the coming weeks. We have just opened our retail outlet in Sautee Nacoochee Georgia and our Tomahawks and Boarding axes are moving well. As always its our honor to serve me mates.

Got my boarding axe from Kings Forge last month and I have to say it is awesome. The detail and quality is amazing. I would recommend them to anyone who wants a serious period accurate piece of kit.

Will King