Pirates of the Plains

julius27

This fall, the theme for the Kansas City Renaissance Festival is PIRATES! The themes for each weekend have yet to be determined and the casting call is out. Anyone interested in participating or visiting can find the necessary information at: http://www.kcrenfest.com/

Jim Stamberger is the entertainment director and as I understand it he is difficult to work with. My own opinion (knowing the man only slightly) is that he is a director, meaning he can be difficult and doesn't always see eye to eye with the talent. My wife and I run the Sheepskin Shoppe there, so I don't have the time to be in the cast. We've done this show for ten years, so if anyone has any questions, feel free to post them or send me a message. We would be happy to store refreshments for anyone participating or attending at our booth.

Hope to see ye there!

I am Julius Aurelius, future ruler of the universe. Kneel quickly, for I have many feeble minds to overcome.

Could be.... They're both run by Mid-America Festivals Inc. Jim Stamburger is also the entertainment director for both events. Since they overlap so much I don't know how he does it without a complete meltdown. Keep a weather eye out on news from up there, will ye? I visited that one before and think it's great. In fact, that be where I comandeered me frilly three cornered hat.

I am Julius Aurelius, future ruler of the universe. Kneel quickly, for I have many feeble minds to overcome.