Depp's POTC1 outfit

Cool! Though I can point out numerous inaccuracies. Honestly, it looks like the only things that were part of the actual Jack Sparrow costume are the Frock coat and waistcoat. Otherwise, the hat's wrong, the shirt's wrong, the baldric's wrong, the breeches are wrong, the belts are wrong, the boots are wrong, the sash is wrong, and the sword is wrong.

Still... epic cool boots... I have to wonder where they actually did come from...

Captain Jack McCool, landlocked pirate extraordinaire, Captain of the dreaded prairie schooner Ill Repute, etc. etc.

______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

"That’s what a ship is, you know. It’s not just a keel, and a hull, and a deck, and sails. That’s what a ship needs. But what a ship is… what the Black Pearl really is… is freedom."

-Captain Jack Sparrow

I'm with McCool.... I don't think the outfit really is the real thing. I've seen a full costume from PotC 1 and it did not look like that. It's close. But, oh, well. It's the fault of the museum to show a costume that's inaccurate to the film.

A nice find nevertheless, Bo. ;) It's always nice to see the costumes displayed at various places. It indeed is art.

~Lady B

Tempt Fate! an' toss 't all t' Hell!"

"I'm completely innocent of whatever crime I've committed."

The one, the only,... the infamous!

I believe the waistcoat actually IS a screen-used Jack Sparrow item. At least, it certainly looks like one. I think the coat may be as well, except... the cuffs seem really narrow in comparison to Jack's... but otherwise the coat looks spot-on. Could be from a stunt costume.

Captain Jack McCool, landlocked pirate extraordinaire, Captain of the dreaded prairie schooner Ill Repute, etc. etc.

______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

"That’s what a ship is, you know. It’s not just a keel, and a hull, and a deck, and sails. That’s what a ship needs. But what a ship is… what the Black Pearl really is… is freedom."

-Captain Jack Sparrow