what makes a pirate

pirate tiny

A laid off English sailor who needs some $$

BRILLIANT!!! When this came into my phone notice I laughed.

the bane of my existence........ or is that just one female pirate. You know who you are Captain

Who? Little ol' me?

You are a good man, Norfolk. I look forward to converting.. I mean conversing, with you.

Welcome to the pub. When you mentioned that you were looking for 'Navy' and 'seafaring' info I am happy that you followed up with the suggestion of coming here. I'm also happy to see you cruising through the subjects. May I also suggest you intro yourself (in this thread but a new subject) to the group? It might help you find the like minded individuals with the info you are looking for... Or keep cruising. Either way, good to see you here.

Later!!

Edited by CharityRackham

Charity Ann Rackham

Captain of the Jade Dragon

Admiral of the Rackham Fleet

British Columbia, Canada

FaceBook (Christina Carr AKA Charity Ann Rackham - as well as a Jade Dragon Pirates page)

Myspace (carrhunger is the personal one and Jadedragonpirates is the other)

BCRF page is: http://www.bcrenfest.com

Jade Dragon: http://www.jadedragonpirates.com

May our ships pass peacefully in the night. Note I say nothing of the day.

JDpyracy150.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

What makes a pirate is, asking who the hell let the Navy boy in? And letting the other brethren know that he is on board so we can keel haul immediately.

Maybe he has friends amongst our community?!

Oh, better far to live and die

Under the brave black flag I fly,

Than play a sanctimonious part,

With a pirate head and a pirate heart.

Away to the cheating world go you,

Where pirates all are well-to-do;

But I'll be true to the song I sing,

And live and die a Pirate King.

To me, what makes a pirate is what's in his/her soul. the lust for freedom, adventure, and to make your fortune on your own terms. Feeling a rolling deck beneath your feet. Casting your cares into the sea and the Devil take tomarrow! Living for the moment, and thumbing your nose at society and everyone who'd try and restrain you from being who you are. Living simply for the sheer thrill all this will bring is what makes a pirate.

But perhaps the great pirate Black Bart said it best when he proclaimed, "A merry life and a short one shall be my motto"

Let every man Know freedom, Kings be damned,

And let the Devil sort out the mess afterwards.

Well i sat at this comp and think to myself what makes a pirate and then that candle comes on and i come to this forum and post it here to see what you all have to say.

Your

Pirate tiny

/quote]

What makes a Pyrate ye say? From the dawn of time there's been a wind a blowin'. There's been a Siren's call drawing men to the Sea. The Sea is an Evil Mistress, she'll beat ye like a dog and then cradle ye in her warm loving arms. She's a Mistress that can't be tamed. Ye ave ta larn how to work her and understand her moods. It takes an Independant Man, a man with a heart of stone and compassion to abide with her whims. He doesn't have to be brave or fearless....them's what don't fear and respect this Mistress will no doubt vanish and long be forgot. Ta say ye ave no fear is to admit yer ignorance, says I. Have ye felt death beatin' down on ye? Have ye felt fear for your very exhistence? Have ye known Love and lost it? Have ye felt the gale or the soft southern trades in yer face or at yer back? There's no explainin'it. It just is what drives us......Like a fair wind blowin' warm outa the South.

galleon_25235_th1.gif Iron Hand's Plunder Purveyor of Quality Goodes of questionable origins

One country’s privateer is another country’s pirate ;-}

Well said!

And one man's pirate is another man's hero...

I agree with Iron Hand too.

BTMnewad.jpg
-A swashbuckling adventures RPG, set in 1720 in West Indies; winner of Distant Fantasies& RPG-D Member's Choice Award; RPG Conference's Originality Award; 2011 & 2012 Simming Prizes-

Beautifully written Iron Hand.

Why....Thankeeee....I musta been a teller of tales in another life.....oh....wait.....I still am....But seriously it's only my twist on the subject......And Thankee again...

galleon_25235_th1.gif Iron Hand's Plunder Purveyor of Quality Goodes of questionable origins

One country's privateer is another country's pirate ;-}

..........And one man's pirate is another man's hero...

I agree with Iron Hand too.

Anti heroes are so much more fun then the not so anti heroes...

What makes a pirate is, asking who the hell let the Navy boy in? And letting the other brethren know that he is on board so we can keel haul immediately.

Maybe he has friends amongst our community?!

Now, now... There are a few of them on here. Keep your friends close and your enemies closer... :lol:

Besides... Most pirates come from disgruntled Naval crew. It is only a matter of time, dear sir. Only a matter of time. B)

Edited by CharityRackham

Charity Ann Rackham

Captain of the Jade Dragon

Admiral of the Rackham Fleet

British Columbia, Canada

FaceBook (Christina Carr AKA Charity Ann Rackham - as well as a Jade Dragon Pirates page)

Myspace (carrhunger is the personal one and Jadedragonpirates is the other)

BCRF page is: http://www.bcrenfest.com

Jade Dragon: http://www.jadedragonpirates.com

May our ships pass peacefully in the night. Note I say nothing of the day.

JDpyracy150.jpg