me name

Parker is a perfectly sound period surname. Now you just need a good period first name like Henry, Samuel, John, etc. Your name might already be appropriate. If you're looking for a nickname you might wait for it to happen on its own. You might earn one along the way that would be better than anything I might come up with off the cuff.

image.jpeg.6e5f24495b9d06c08a6a4e051c2bcc99.jpeg

Aye, I'll second what Will just said. Best to have a decent name as a pirate. All the best pirates had a realistic name.

~Lady B

Tempt Fate! an' toss 't all t' Hell!"

"I'm completely innocent of whatever crime I've committed."

The one, the only,... the infamous!

If'n ye want ta see other options, ye can go ta th' site 'ere an fill out th' questionnaire.

'Tis another option, mate. If'n ye don't like th' results, ye ain't gotta use it, savvy?

http://www.piratequiz.com/

'Til the Morrow,
Cap'n Bloody Sam Rackham
Captain o' The Cursed Few
Co Organizer o' The Southern Pirate Festival
Ship's Carpenter o' The Atlanta Pirates & Wenches Guild

Member of Order of Leviathan 2nd Generation

A lot of blibical names in use during that time period - ;)

Caleb

Elijah

Isaac

Noah

Levi

Mordecai

Reuben

Matthias

Jubal

Gideon

Silas

Jas. Hook

"Born on an island, live on an island... the sea has always been in my blood." Jas. Hook

"You can't direct the wind . . . but . . . you can adjust the sails."

"Don't eat the chickens with writing on their beaks." Governor Sawney

"Parker" is actually an excellent name. Short, good solid "ar" sound at the beginning. Would carry well, shouted across a field of battle. And as William said, a nickname will likely find you, whether you want it to or not.

3ff66f1f.jpg

My occupational hazard bein' my occupation's just not around...

Parker's a fine name indeed. My own cabin boy is named that - but, of course, he's better known in the pirate world as Wrong Way.

Named him Parker all because of the musical Oklahoma.

-- Hurricane

http://piratesofthecoast.com/images/pyracy-logo1.jpg

• Captain of The Pyrates of the Coast
  • Author of "Memoirs of a Buccaneer: 30 Year Before the Mast" (Published in Fall 2011)
  • Scurrilous Rogue
  • Stirrer of Pots
  • Fomenter of Mutiny
  • Bon Vivant & Roustabout
  • Part-time Carnival Barker
  • Certified Ex-Wife Collector
  • Experienced Drinking Companion

"I was screwed. I readied my confession and the sobbing pleas not to tell my wife. But as I turned, no one was in the bed. The room was empty. The naked girl was gone, like magic."

"Memoirs of a Buccaneer: 30 Years Before the Mast" - Amazon.com

Or me. My name sounds like a pun, haha. I agree with Chrispy - think hard about it.

But yeah, Parker's a perfectly decent name! Is that your given name or your surname? Either way, if you keep it, I'd say it's best to keep it as a surname.

Captain Jack McCool, landlocked pirate extraordinaire, Captain of the dreaded prairie schooner Ill Repute, etc. etc.

______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

"That’s what a ship is, you know. It’s not just a keel, and a hull, and a deck, and sails. That’s what a ship needs. But what a ship is… what the Black Pearl really is… is freedom."

-Captain Jack Sparrow

me name is PARKER lookin fer some help with makin me name pop, can ya help a humble pirate.

how's bout for right now.............. deck swaber Parker Strong....i'd sail with a bloke by that name...........

Yo Ho.......

Aye, Parker Strong doesn't sound half bad...

Captain Jack McCool, landlocked pirate extraordinaire, Captain of the dreaded prairie schooner Ill Repute, etc. etc.

______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

"That’s what a ship is, you know. It’s not just a keel, and a hull, and a deck, and sails. That’s what a ship needs. But what a ship is… what the Black Pearl really is… is freedom."

-Captain Jack Sparrow

Or you could be Parker Carr, the queen's personal transportation valet. (think, think)

-- Hurricane

• Author of "Memoirs of a Buccaneer: 30 Year Before the Mast" (Published in Fall 2011)
  • Scurrilous Rogue
  • Stirrer of Pots
  • Fomenter of Mutiny

"I was screwed. I readied my confession and the sobbing pleas not to tell my wife. But as I turned, no one was in the bed. The room was empty. The naked girl was gone, like magic."

whatta think of thy name PLUNDERING PYLOS PARKER

;)

Am I a bad person because the first nickname I thought of for Pylos was Pile O'S#&% ?

You might want to pick a different first name.

Hope that wasn't too harsh.

The thing is, you can create any name you want. But it may not always stick. People get names for odd reasons. For instance, Drop Dead was Iron Mariea, then Drop Dead Gorgeous, shortened to Drop Dead, because it's funnier when someone asks her her name. It just happened one day. So, you can spend a lot of time thinking up a cool character name, but everyone may end up calling you something entirely different. I gave up even trying to use mine anymore. It just never stuck.

-- Bartholomew Treate

(There, got to use it!)

-- Hurricane

• Scurrilous Rogue
  • Stirrer of Pots
  • Fomenter of Mutiny

Yeah, I'm gonna have to agree there. Ixn-ay on the Ylos-pay.

-Captain Jack Sparrow

• 2 weeks later...

The thing is, you can create any name you want. But it may not always stick. People get names for odd reasons. For instance, Drop Dead was Iron Mariea, then Drop Dead Gorgeous, shortened to Drop Dead, because it's funnier when someone asks her her name. It just happened one day. So, you can spend a lot of time thinking up a cool character name, but everyone may end up calling you something entirely different. I gave up even trying to use mine anymore. It just never stuck.

-- Bartholomew Treate

(There, got to use it!)

As for myself I was just "swab" with my friends until they decided the rank was a little to belittleing and I needed the rank of Captain, however owning too many boats I couldn't be simply Captain thus Commodore Swab was born but Im still just swab with friends

id.jpg

Swivel Tongue !

http://www.myspace.com/oderlesseye
http://www.facebook....esseye?ref=name
Noquarter2copy.jpg
Hangin at Execution dock awaits. May yer Life be a long and joyous adventure in gettin there!
As he was about to face the gallows there, the pirate is said to have tossed a sheaf of papers into the crowd, taunting his audience with these final words:

"My treasure to he who can understand."