2011 Pyrate Festivals in the NorthEastern US

Beowoulf

Anyone know of good festivals to go to in the northeast (like ... draw a line from the western NY border straight down to the Atlantic, more or less).

I have found a few that offer the likes of "cardboard boat races for the kiddies" and "face painting" and "fun with balloons," but I am afraid that FTPI has ruined anything like THAT for me! LOLOL

If you know of a good one (or two .. or ten) and you are (might be) GOING, all the better! Would be nice to hook up with "old" friends again.

I'm not asking for stuff even *I* could just find by chance with Google. I am referring to ones that you KNOW are worthy of a FTPI veteran! ;-)

BTW, my HAT came in! WHAT A NICE HAT!!!! :) :) :)

well...as for upcomming event in the atlantic area.....April Fells Point Privateer Fest. in Baltimore ,Maryland..... then in July....... in Hampton, Virginia (right up the road for me) is the Hampton Blackbeard festival ....august in N. Carolina is the Beaufort Pirate invasion....all great events that i make very sure to attend each year!

-Israel Cross-

- Boatswain of the Archangel - .

Colonial Seaport Foundation

Crew of the Archangel

Yes, he's a Cap'n ..... ;):o

but then don't Cap'ns have NAVIGATORS to rely on. ;);)

but do we really expect him to draw a straight line?

As for Beowoulf's line across the Nor'east how many pirates ya gonna find in New Hampshire & Vermont ?

yes I know there's also Masssachusetttes and Maine and a couple others, that just wouldn't be as humorous .... IMHO

Just askin' ...

Self Promoter Jim

Pirate Gear oldsutlerjohn.biz

American Civil War oldsutlerjohn.net

A VERTICAL line from the WESTERN border of NY meets the ATLANTIC coast in South Carolin. There are plenty of places that far south. lol In fact, depending on the map that lind COULD make it all the way to Florida. hehe

Beowoulf, in case you didn't notice, you have to be specific with this crowd.

id like to point out that i indeed DID HAVE IT RIGHT.....he said vertical line from western new york till you hit the atlantic...so that goes down to almost SC so HA!........i didnt take chart plotting for nothing.................

-Israel Cross-

- Boatswain of the Archangel - .

Colonial Seaport Foundation

Crew of the Archangel

Put-In-Bay (just off the southern coast of Lake Erie) in late June would be the closest I could think of for you... And that would be about a 9 to 10 drive for you, if my estimation is correct. Unfortunately there doesn't seem to be a lot of pirate re-enacting around Lake Ontario or up or down the St. Laurence. There is (was?) a group in or around Rhode Island area that may have something(s) planned, but I'm not sure if that would be close enough for you or not. (I've not done any traveling in the New England states, so my sense of distance out that way is bad).

If I recall correctly, there is a pretty decent pirate event for the more re-enactorly bent in Newfoundland (or was it New Brunswick or Nova Scotia?) I'll try and look up the info on that one and post it for you.... It may have been a one time only event, but if my memory is working, I got the impression it was going to be an annual thing.

Michael_banner.jpg

A VERTICAL LINE, DAMN YOU ALL!!!

So! New York, Mass, CT, RI, Ontario, Maine, part of MD..

I'll talk to Crudbeard .. he tends to manage the NorthEast

What is it about people in the coastal states that they can't go west? Sometimes I think that there is some sort of space warp - the east coast is closer to Ohio than Ohio is to the east coast.

well...as for upcomming event in the atlantic area.....April Fells Point Privateer Fest. in Baltimore ,Maryland..... then in July....... in Hampton, Virginia (right up the road for me) is the Hampton Blackbeard festival ....august in N. Carolina is the Beaufort Pirate invasion....all great events that i make very sure to attend each year!

Holdfast! Blackbeard's in July again this year???

"I being shot through the left cheek, the bullet striking away great part of my upper jaw, and several teeth which dropt down the deck where I fell... I was forced to write what I would say to prevent the loss of blood, and because of the pain I suffered by speaking."~ Woodes Rogers

Crewe of the Archangel

http://jcsterlingcptarchang.wix.com/creweofthearchangel#

http://creweofthearchangel.wordpress.com/

Nevermind...thank ye Dutch... damned bosun...

"I being shot through the left cheek, the bullet striking away great part of my upper jaw, and several teeth which dropt down the deck where I fell... I was forced to write what I would say to prevent the loss of blood, and because of the pain I suffered by speaking."~ Woodes Rogers

Crewe of the Archangel

http://jcsterlingcptarchang.wix.com/creweofthearchangel#

http://creweofthearchangel.wordpress.com/

A VERTICAL LINE, DAMN YOU ALL!!!

So! New York, Mass, CT, RI, Ontario, Maine, part of MD..

I'll talk to Crudbeard .. he tends to manage the NorthEast

What is it about people in the coastal states that they can't go west? Sometimes I think that there is some sort of space warp - the east coast is closer to Ohio than Ohio is to the east coast.

I can speak only for myself. Leaving the coast means traveling to areas above sea level. This will not do. After a certain point in time ones circulatory system becomes in sync with the tides or something.

I believe that CT,RI and MA are perpendicular to that vertical line.

Beowoulf -

Buccaneer Bay, any word on this place in Nova Scotia??????? It appears to be associated with Loyalst Arms. :rolleyes:

Jas. Hook :D

www.buccaneerbay.8k.com

"Born on an island, live on an island... the sea has always been in my blood." Jas. Hook

"You can't direct the wind . . . but . . . you can adjust the sails."

"Don't eat the chickens with writing on their beaks." Governor Sawney