Salut la compagnie!

Hi everybody!

I've been browsing this forum for months, as a flibustiers fan.

I come from Bretagne (France), and I apologize for my basic english.

Basically, I'm in a company reenacting britto-roman soldiers in the very early middle-age but I've started a 1670-80 flibustier kit recently.

Piracy and flibuste period is not much reenacted in France, so...here I am!

kenavo!

Bienvenu, mon cher corsaire armoricain!

One of my characters, now pirate, had been with the French corsaires for a while B)) . And I am also playing a French Navy captain, whose theme song is... (looks around for any potentially offended Brits).. "Le 31 du mois d'Aout".

Edited by Elena

BTMnewad.jpg
-A swashbuckling adventures RPG, set in 1720 in West Indies; winner of Distant Fantasies& RPG-D Member's Choice Award; RPG Conference's Originality Award; 2011 & 2012 Simming Prizes-

Ooooo... another Frenchy! :) Glad t' have ye here with us, good sir. Thrilled to hear yo'r plans and more of the sort. Shall look forward to some pictures of ye in full attire and more conversations with ye in th' future here upon th' Pub! Ye've come to th' right place, m' good man.

And don't ye worry none. There are a few here who speak French right well, too. Also, yo'r English is right fine. :)

~Lady B

Tempt Fate! an' toss 't all t' Hell!"

"I'm completely innocent of whatever crime I've committed."

The one, the only,... the infamous!

Hi everybody!

I've been browsing this forum for months, as a flibustiers fan.

I come from Bretagne (France), and I apologize for my basic english.

Basically, I'm in a company reenacting britto-roman soldiers in the very early middle-age but I've started a 1670-80 flibustier kit recently.

Piracy and flibuste period is not much reenacted in France, so...here I am!

kenavo!

Welcome aboard! You've found good company here. It's a privilege to have a member from such a historically rich part of the world.

And your English fine! Certainly better than my primary school French (and I suspect you're probably the only one on this list who might also speak Bretton or Gallo, eh?)

Jen Dobyns

Welcome aboard! You've found good company here. It's a privilege to have a member from such a historically rich part of the world.

And your English fine! Certainly better than my primary school French (and I suspect you're probably the only one on this list who might also speak Bretton or Gallo, eh?)

Jen Dobyns

Hum.. I live in the Breton speaking part of Brittany, but i don't really speak it, even if i know words and use typical expressions in this language (which is very close to Welsh, if it can help american people to imagine what it souds like).

As you say, I might be the only one on this forum, though, Breton must have been very spoken in Tortuga and Saint-Domingue, because many breton people went across the atlantic as "engagés" in the colonies.

Anyway, thanks all for this warm welcome!

• 2 weeks later...