Daniel has two weeks' shore leave

Daniel

Finals are over, and I'm free of law school until January 3. I'll try to hang around a little bit until HMS George Washington University calls me back aboard.

I don't know how I did; one of the nerve-wracking things about law school is that you don't have any tests in most of your classes until the final. I feel pretty confident about Criminal Law and Torts, not so sure about Civil Procedure and Contracts. I did have one mid-term test, in Civil Procedure, which I screwed up royally, but I think (and fervently hope!) that I learned from my errors.

I'm celebrating my liberty by reading my first pirate book in ages: Peter Earle's The Pirate Wars, and it's interesting stuff, from a very different perspective than most pirate books I've read lately.

Edited by Daniel

I always liked the word "tort." It sounds funny.

Enjoy your time off, my friend! (Some day you really must attend an event, even as a spectator. Shay and I were talking about going off to England at some indistinct time to see Ed at an event - as well as visit some of the numerous pocket-museums that Britain seems to have. Maybe we could rope Jessie K. in too... :rolleyes: )

Mycroft: "My brother has the brain of a scientist or a philosopher, yet he elects to be a detective. What might we deduce about his heart?"

John: "I don't know."

Mycroft: "Neither do I. But initially he wanted to be a pirate."

Mission_banner5.JPG

I did go up with my son to see the Maryland Renaissance Festival in October. It's a magnificent event, although pirates are pretty scarce on the ground. My son got to shoot air cannons at galleons. Four years old is the perfect age to go to this sort of thing. When I told Brandon it was time to leave, he said, "OK, Daddy. But how do we get back to Earth?"

During the summer, if not before, I should have a chance to go to a more completely pirate-themed event.