the next official meeting of the Order

We got a call from the Admiral Fells Hotel and it seems they are just about sold out for Fells Point this year. A good sign and it lit a spark up under my seat to get something planned.

There may not be new inductees or there may be one or two. No voting this time though. If there is to be another member it will be decided by the current members.

We have a few locations in mind for the next meeting. Nothing solid as of yet.

I seem to be at the helm for getting something planned and organized.

I am taking suggestions for the event. There will certainly be some weaponry up for grabs again. Though you may have to earn it with more then a roll of the dice this time :)

I would like to get something solidified enough to print a blurb about it in the next issue of the magazine so we dont have too much time to decide.

So what say ye? Are there at least some of you that would be into attending a Leviathon meeting/party in Baltimore this year?

I know there have been several Order of Leviathon events hosted by the members of the Order and we always had hoped for that. This would be an official meeting hosted by the magazine and the order to better the community and have a great time.

We would also be doing our annual Pirates Magazine "pirate of the year" award. The award would be passed down from lst years winner Tony Swatton to the next winner. Other awards will be handed out aswell.

If any buisness owners or craftsmen in the order would like to donate something towards the event then speak up. Or if you have any ideas please speak up.

-1st Mate of Pirates Magazine

-Bladesmith/Owner of That Works Studio

http://youtube.com/thatworks

thatworks.shop

I should be there and would like to help when and where I can

"I being shot through the left cheek, the bullet striking away great part of my upper jaw, and several teeth which dropt down the deck where I fell... I was forced to write what I would say to prevent the loss of blood, and because of the pain I suffered by speaking."~ Woodes Rogers

Crewe of the Archangel

http://jcsterlingcptarchang.wix.com/creweofthearchangel#

http://creweofthearchangel.wordpress.com/

Good to know...very good to know.

Id like to do any things with this event. One of the main things would be to help promote each members buisness or crew or subject of their choosing.

I know we have several sword/knife makers in the order or envolved. We have a great hat maker, a talented potter and a wealth of knowledge. I would like to put together something that helped everyone out would like ti participate.

thatworks.shop

**sigh**

"I being shot through the left cheek, the bullet striking away great part of my upper jaw, and several teeth which dropt down the deck where I fell... I was forced to write what I would say to prevent the loss of blood, and because of the pain I suffered by speaking."~ Woodes Rogers

Crewe of the Archangel

• 1 month later...

There will 100% be an offical Order of leviathon meeting at Fells but the Order needs to decide on some things ahead of time.

A)Are you electing anyone new?

B)If so how many?

C)Do the new people get rings?

D)If so do the pay for them or does the Order want to try and fund it some how?

E)The Order working with Pirates Magazine needs to decide a Pirate of the year. (DOES NOT have to be in the Order)

F)Any other awards you want to give out to members or none members of the order

G)M.C. of the event or would you members of the Order like to do it as a Council type of thing.

I am sure there are more Q's to answer but get chatting about these.

thatworks.shop

There will 100% be an offical Order of leviathon meeting at Fells but the Order needs to decide on some things ahead of time.

A)Are you electing anyone new?

B)If so how many?

C)Do the new people get rings?

D)If so do the pay for them or does the Order want to try and fund it some how?

E)The Order working with Pirates Magazine needs to decide a Pirate of the year. (DOES NOT have to be in the Order)

F)Any other awards you want to give out to members or none members of the order

G)M.C. of the event or would you members of the Order like to do it as a Council type of thing.

I am sure there are more Q's to answer but get chatting about these.

Members of the Order, I have reposted these items for discussion in our own forum...

please sign in there and post your thoughts asap. Thank ye.

Folks wishing to nominate a member to the order, please forward your nominations to me via email and please include a paragraph or two, as to why you think your nomination would be an asset to the Order. Thank ye.

Edited by Capt. Sterling

Crewe of the Archangel

• 3 weeks later...

My apologies for taking so long to get back to Pyracy pub. It has been a very busy year. I have spoken with Clay several times since last years event and here are my 2 doubloons for what they are worth as a voting member of the Order:No Inductees this year. It is not fair to do this without following the form of the first election. Candidates must be nominated, announced publicly and voted on.Induction process every TWO years. This keeps the numbers lower, gives people more time to think about who to nominate, makes the membership more special, gives us (The Order) more time to plan a better ceremony etc.. for 2012.Rings. Clay and I talked about this at length. Yes New Inductees should get rings, they should be presented by the existing Order, at the ceremony. Cost...a fund raiser could be undertaken to raise the money for the rings. I suggested a special T shirt for supporters of the Order of Leviathan. A shirt that the public, husbands, wives, friends, crews etc... can purchase for $20. w/ the Order's Logo on it, but it would state( in some fashion) that they are a supporter of ( and imply that they ARE NOT a member of). We would do a Member's only and different T shirt for those of us in the order ( with sizes that actually fit all of us).I personally will not be at Fell's Point this year. I know that a majority of the Order will not be, and so it does not make sense to have an Official function there, just for the sake of having one, with a few members. Doing something unofficial, Hell Yes, have a great time, tear up the town, and present yourselves as member's of the Order, you do after all wear the ring proudly. Gamble for swords, roll the dice, promote yourselves and your personal businesses, But induct new people for the sake of inducting someone? My advice is "No".As for "Pirate of the Year", that is a seperate, but "tied" issue. To my understanding it is chosen by "Pirates Mag", and can be presented as such by Pirates Magazine. Last year we (The Devil's Dozen) were told that WE would elect, from within our own ranks, "The Pirate King". That did not happen. Somehow "Pirate King" disappeared and "Pirate of the Year" took it's place at the ceremony. Then again, originally The Devil's Dozen were also called "Pirate Lords" until, some people decided to take issue with the title, and then we became "13, er 14 people who are outstanding members of the pirate community as voted upon by our peers" ( sounds really Piratey doesn't it?). I feel that we can call ourselves Pirate Lords, and I continue to do so. I think we ( order of leviathan) should decide whether or not we want a seperate "Pirate King" that comes from within our ranks, or if we are fine with a "Pirate of the Year" who can come from anywhere, chosen by the mag.I believe that it was Clay's intent, to get this "Order of Leviathan" started the first year, and that after that we would need to start governing ourselves through our members. We agreed to this when accepting the induction into the order....That's what we were told. Though again, we should have a codex drawn up that we all sign, that explains how we will do these things. how we will operate. what our purpose is.I agree that we need to have meetings, maybe 2-4 a year and possibly through a conference call. Organizations do it all the time, I don't see why we can't. But we need to start working on this NOW, and get ready for 2012, as 2011 is already upon us and Fells Point is little more than a month away.Ok, I know I said a lot, and yet probably not enough. LOL I need to get back to work. I look forward to your comments. Anyone needing to get ahold of me, it is much quicker through facebook, and I encourage you to start using the Order of Leviathan Facebook page. In case you are unaware, we have over 1300 supporters of that page and our ORDER. -Jeff MacKay

PS. Because I just read Matt's post "There will 100% be an Official meeting at Fells Point". There Officially CAN NOT be an Official meeting there if we (the "Members" ) have not voted on there being an Official meeting. I don't think that most of us will be in attendance. Therefore no motions put forward would be able to be passed. So you simply cannot say that there will be an Official Meeting. Who decided that there would be an "Official" meeting? We didn't. Sorry. MacKay