The War Against Pyracy: The Golden Age and Now

jendobyns

If you want more detail, you'll have to check out this link, as the Pub won't let me post the event announcement in it's entirety here (I've tried 3 times). Basically, free lecture on fighting Piracy, then and now, at Johns Hopkins Applied Physics Lab, Laurel, Md, from 1 to 2 this Friday, November 19, 2010

http://www.jhuapl.edu/colloquium/

Click on Virginia Lunsford's name and you'll get more detail about the subject. The event is free to the public, and materials and live video of the event will be available in the colloquium archives later if you can't get there.

Sorry for the short notice, I just found out about it today.

Crap, I wish I had known, it's all of like ten minutes from my house.

But...you do know.

Mycroft: "My brother has the brain of a scientist or a philosopher, yet he elects to be a detective. What might we deduce about his heart?"

John: "I don't know."

Mycroft: "Neither do I. But initially he wanted to be a pirate."

Mission_banner5.JPG

Priorities, John. Priorities. (Says the man who lives by himself and whose family will be out of town while he is in for TG.)

Mycroft: "My brother has the brain of a scientist or a philosopher, yet he elects to be a detective. What might we deduce about his heart?"

John: "I don't know."

Mycroft: "Neither do I. But initially he wanted to be a pirate."

Mission_banner5.JPG

Crap, I wish I had known, it's all of like ten minutes from my house.

Just keep an eye open for it to show up in their archives of programs so you can watch it online if it isn't up already. You're bound to have a better seat at your computer than those of us stuck standing in the back did. It was definitely worth standing for the entire hour to hear what she had to say, though. She did play to a packed house, in spite of a last minute change of location at APL. And I'd say it was about 45 minutes of historic stuff, and 10 modern (even the brief amount of modern was very interesting).

What I'd like to know is what it would take to audit her semester's worth of this class at the Naval Academy when you're definitely not gonna qualify for enrollment!?!rolleyes.gif