Greetings

Laura Coughlin

Greetings to all!

I recently attended my first Pirate Festival (Southern Pirate Festival 2010) and had a blast! I joined up with the Cursed Few, and am stopping in to say hello to all of you.

I am working on garb and the like, but could use pointers on language of the time and basics on interacting with children/normal people.

Thank you all so much, and I look forward to getting to know you.

Red Laura Coughlin

Ah, Laura! It's about time you joined up!

You, dear, are a natural. You may have noted, I am not big on the accent thing. Sometimes I do, other times I don't. I don't think that's what carries you in character. I think it's all about you picking a character (which could just be an extension of you that happens to have a costume) and being that person to everyone you meet. You and Charlie both had great personalities and just walked up to people and made friends, and that, my friend, is the crux of how you do this. You just have to be willing to walk up to people and be their friend or foe (depending on what you're up to) and show them who you are and what you do.

It helps to have a trade or something to show to break the ice if you want something like that. When I am not doing pirate things I often do a little weaving and other 'crafts' of the period to show people and talk to them about, or, as you saw at the SPF you can just lay out the things you use, like my weapons, shackles, etc and talk to people about them. Easy as that.

The other thing is the more you do it the easier it gets. So get out there! Charlie can talk about having horses step on his feet... or me when dancing :D

Diosa

Diosa De Cancion

aka Mary Read

www.iammaryread.com

Welcome here!

BTMnewad.jpg
-A swashbuckling adventures RPG, set in 1720 in West Indies; winner of Distant Fantasies& RPG-D Member's Choice Award; RPG Conference's Originality Award; 2011 & 2012 Simming Prizes-

Welcome to th' Pub, Laura. And ye joined up with a fine Crew in yo'r waters. Enjoy future piracy. And ye've come to grand establishment filled with so many pirates... ye'll never want t' leave. :D

~Lady B

Tempt Fate! an' toss 't all t' Hell!"

"I'm completely innocent of whatever crime I've committed."

The one, the only,... the infamous!