Tilbury Point location

I have been trying to find the exact spot that Captain Kidd's body was hanged in chains. It is said to be at Tilbury Point on the Thames, but there seems to be much disagreement as to the exact location of Tilbury Point. I think I have referenced about 3 or 4 different locations for Tilbury Point. Exasperating.

Tilbury Fort was perhaps a likely location, which is nigh opposite Gravesend. Or even Coalhouse Point near Tilbury Fort.

The town of Thurrock makes claim as well. Some interesting information here, but is it valid?

See the Thurrock Wikipedia entry.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Thurrock

Does anyone know of some documented first-hand accounts of having seen Captain Kidd still hanging in chains at a specific location? He was said to hang in his gibbet cage for several years. Even the number of years differ from source to source though. Some say 2, some say much more. Did Dampier return to London up the Thames during this time?

If some of you are familiar with the Thames geography, especially those of you in England, please help shed some light.

With online satellite views, you can see quite a bit of good stuff. Coalhouse Point strikes me as a very likely place of his gibbet location. Bleak and desolate.

I'm surprised that the exact location of such a famous event has maybe been lost to time.

Any of you studying Captain Kidd?

=Tar Bucket Bill