Red Dawn Says Hello!

Red_Dawn

I'm new on this forum, though a few of you may know me from Piratesinfo.com. I'm in the research stage of writing cheesy pirate stories (and boy, do I need to work on my research). I've lurked for a few years and this looked like a good place to learn things, so I figured I should probably join so I could ask questions. The more sources, the better! (That, and I might need to ask less family-friendly questions than Piratesinfo.com allows.)

When were you a member of Piratesinfo, William? I think they still have me listed as a moderator over there, although I really haven't been active since 2004.

Hi, Red_Dawn! You're just in time to wish Daniel farewell. :rolleyes: (He's off to law school.)

Mycroft: "My brother has the brain of a scientist or a philosopher, yet he elects to be a detective. What might we deduce about his heart?"

John: "I don't know."

Mycroft: "Neither do I. But initially he wanted to be a pirate."

Mission_banner5.JPG

When were you a member of Piratesinfo, William? I think they still have me listed as a moderator over there, although I really haven't been active since 2004.

Same here. It's been a long while. Once I opened the Tsunami Kate, I never looked back.

image.jpeg.6e5f24495b9d06c08a6a4e051c2bcc99.jpeg

Welcome aboard! Rum fer me, thanks!

Oh! An' by th' by, ask away!!!

Edited by Capn Bloody Sam Rackham

'Til the Morrow,
Cap'n Bloody Sam Rackham
Captain o' The Cursed Few
Co Organizer o' The Southern Pirate Festival
Ship's Carpenter o' The Atlanta Pirates & Wenches Guild

Member of Order of Leviathan 2nd Generation

Hi, Red_Dawn! You're just in time to wish Daniel farewell. :rolleyes: (He's off to law school.)

Welcome Red Dawn -

:rolleyes: Now herein is a plot for a cheesy story... pirate named Daniel make good of promise made to his uncle who raised him to give up the sweet trade and go to law school, he then becomes a pirate prosecutor for the crown, he accidentally hangs a childhood friend/pirate and full of remorse returns to piracy.

Jas. Hook ;)

"Born on an island, live on an island... the sea has always been in my blood." Jas. Hook

"You can't direct the wind . . . but . . . you can adjust the sails."

"Don't eat the chickens with writing on their beaks." Governor Sawney

Thanks for the welcome, everyone! :rolleyes: I'll warn you now, though; I can ask some pretty stupid-seeming questions. :rolleyes:

Now herein is a plot for a cheesy story... pirate named Daniel make good of promise made to his uncle who raised him to give up the sweet trade and go to law school, he then becomes a pirate prosecutor for the crown, he accidentally hangs a childhood friend/pirate and full of remorse returns to piracy.

Jas. Hook ;)

;) Strangely enough, I already have pirate name Daniel and a reformed pirate (2 different people, by the way).

A hearty welcome to th' Pub, Red Dawn. Glad ye discovered this fine establishment and joined us here.

~Lady B

Tempt Fate! an' toss 't all t' Hell!"

"I'm completely innocent of whatever crime I've committed."

The one, the only,... the infamous!

Welcome to a fellow writer from an (aspiring) one! If you feel like writing a bit more in a pirate-filled (or history-filled) environment, please join one of the two Age of Sail RPGs I am on. One is brand new, so you can get a good position in any crew you wish - pirates, privateers, French/ Spanish/ British navy.

And I have read extensively "PirateInfo" too...

Edited by Elena

BTMnewad.jpg
-A swashbuckling adventures RPG, set in 1720 in West Indies; winner of Distant Fantasies& RPG-D Member's Choice Award; RPG Conference's Originality Award; 2011 & 2012 Simming Prizes-