Lake of the Woods Privateers?

DeviousDi

Shush, not so loud! Ye never know what ears may be lurkin'

I am formerly out of the Great Lakes and now captain a ship on Lake of the Woods - I'll not say where I lurk but it's in the northwest .

I often see a passenger-laden ship of some size, the kind that carries gentry with gold in their purse. I know where she calls port, I know where she sails and I know when. Being of an enterprising bent, she's awful tempting but there's only one of me. There's them aboard what can be bought to not put up too much of a fight but I'm still out-numbered a hundred to one, which is might stiff, even fer me.

I offer fair share to any seaman and any other captains and crew what would throw in to pick this plum!

[seriously, I DO sail Lake of the Woods and would like to arrange 'a pirate raid' on the M.S. Kenora as a charity fund-raiser.]

If'n ye be of a mind, ya know where to find me.

Captain of Enterprise out of Rheault Bay

Which Lake of the Woods in the Northwest are you speaking of? There is one about an hour from us, in Grants Pass, OR, so if that's the one you mean, we're pretty close.

...schooners, islands, and maroons

and buccaneers and buried gold...

RAKEHELL-1.jpg

You can do everything right, strictly according to procedure, on the ocean, and it'll still kill you. But if you're a good navigator, a least you'll know where you were when you died.......From The Ship Killer by Justin Scott.

"Well, that's just maddeningly unhelpful."....Captain Jack Sparrow

Found in the Ruins — Unique Jewelry

Found in the Ruins — Personal Blog

I didn't know there was another one.

I was referring to the large Lake of the Woods that borders on Minnesota, Manitoba, and Ontario.

LotW.jpg

I think you need a compass. That's definitely not the Northwest, sir.

-- Hurricane

-- Hurricane

http://piratesofthecoast.com/images/pyracy-logo1.jpg

• Captain of The Pyrates of the Coast
  • Author of "Memoirs of a Buccaneer: 30 Year Before the Mast" (Published in Fall 2011)
  • Scurrilous Rogue
  • Stirrer of Pots
  • Fomenter of Mutiny
  • Bon Vivant & Roustabout
  • Part-time Carnival Barker
  • Certified Ex-Wife Collector
  • Experienced Drinking Companion

"I was screwed. I readied my confession and the sobbing pleas not to tell my wife. But as I turned, no one was in the bed. The room was empty. The naked girl was gone, like magic."

"Memoirs of a Buccaneer: 30 Years Before the Mast" - Amazon.com

Brilliant! My cousins have a cabin on a little island up there. If I'm ever in the area, I should drop you a line and we can raid the Canadian/American border-waters together!

Captain Jack McCool, landlocked pirate extraordinaire, Captain of the dreaded prairie schooner Ill Repute, etc. etc.

______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

"That’s what a ship is, you know. It’s not just a keel, and a hull, and a deck, and sails. That’s what a ship needs. But what a ship is… what the Black Pearl really is… is freedom."

-Captain Jack Sparrow

I think you need a compass. That's definitely not the Northwest, sir.

-- Hurricane

LOL That was kinda my thought as well. But, glad the geographical misunderstanding has been cleared up. :P

...schooners, islands, and maroons

and buccaneers and buried gold...

RAKEHELL-1.jpg

You can do everything right, strictly according to procedure, on the ocean, and it'll still kill you. But if you're a good navigator, a least you'll know where you were when you died.......From The Ship Killer by Justin Scott.

"Well, that's just maddeningly unhelpful."....Captain Jack Sparrow

Found in the Ruins — Unique Jewelry

Found in the Ruins — Personal Blog

Nay, Hurricane... she has th' titling correct. Though, no longer used in modern classifications. That area was one classified as the Northwest Territories back in the 18th c. Even if that was French held territory. :)

Hmm... not been up that direction yet. I've heard of some interesting 18th c events about thereof or at least about the NW Territories along th' Lakes. Perhaps someday shall cross paths. I believe that Gunpowder Gertie and her group is closest to ye though if not th' Brethren of th' Great Lakes. :)

~Lady B

Tempt Fate! an' toss 't all t' Hell!"

"I'm completely innocent of whatever crime I've committed."

The one, the only,... the infamous!

A tip o' the hat to ye Lady B. Brethren indeed be closest t' me. Gertie be a prairie 'n' a mountain range t' the west but Brethren be within raidin' distance so they'll be hearin' from ol' Devious Di :D

• 3 weeks later...

I know where you are! AH HA!!!

Drop me a line and we'll chat.

Bouncing between 4 different pages (logged on to each one and jumping back and forth to get things done) but that's normal for me. Looking at the map you are in Canada so you won't have as many issues as I have had... No border crossing - No passports. Many of the folks who have come up for us didn't this year as their passports ran out. One at a time they are renewing and a few of them are coming up for us for Hallowe'en.

We head down there a lot to help them out.

SO.. I left some links for you on your other post. Hope they help.

Later.

Charity Ann Rackham

Captain of the Jade Dragon

Admiral of the Rackham Fleet

British Columbia, Canada

FaceBook (Christina Carr AKA Charity Ann Rackham - as well as a Jade Dragon Pirates page)

Myspace (carrhunger is the personal one and Jadedragonpirates is the other)

BCRF page is: http://www.bcrenfest.com

Jade Dragon: http://www.jadedragonpirates.com

May our ships pass peacefully in the night. Note I say nothing of the day.

JDpyracy150.jpg