Sheet Music?

Hunting Hawk

Not sure if they have pirate chanties.

Concertinamusic.com

If you can transpose music from one key into another, you could play regular music from regular books remember your standard sharps and flats for what would be your Concert C scale. So like when I played French Horn our concert C Scale has one B flat in it. So it was F G A Bflat C D E F. That was how we were tuned for playing with a group.

I'm not familiar with concertina, but if it's like tuned similar to a piano with basic all available keys and tones, then you should be able to pick up any music and play it, ignoring the cords for piano, etc, enless they are used.

Cool section on time line of them. :)

If you need music transposed I can give it a try. I downloaded a free software last year that actually would record the notes as you played or sang. If you are good at your ear, you could play and figure the right sound of the songs, and then play it to the computer, and print out the sheet music.

:)

• 1 month later...

Ye can find selected sheet music here. If yer lookin' fer a title, Crooked Jack's always a favorite. :) Everyone knows it, it's not tha' difficult an' it's quite a nice tune if ye ask me.

One thing more, Commander of the Concertina, if ye get MIDI files and put 'em in the Cakewalk music program (please don' say ye have a Mac....) yez can get sheet music, key it up, down, change incorrect notes, 's wonderful. By the by, ye can get masses of MIDIs for 3 an' 4 parts at this location. Essential fer the modern pirate of today. O' course, the pyratical thing to do would be just BORROW someone elses disc....without permission. :rolleyes:

Dick and Lessie better love me for all this potential traffic....

"Oh, never, never, never again,

If I live to be a hundred or a hundred and ten.

I fell to the ground and I couldn't get up

After drinking a pint of the Johnny Jump Up."

~"Johnny Jump Up" -Gaelic Storm

"This is one race of people for whom psychoanalysis is of no use whatsoever."

-Sigmund Freud (on the Irish)