Pistol Belt Hooks

I have a MVTCo English Doglock Horse Pistol, I did not think about getting a belt hook, but I started thinking about making one. So I went into the shop and hammered one out from images I found of the real deal. I roughed it out and tested it. The problem I am having is that with one screw it will not hold in place, it just want's to spin. Has anyone tried to make a belt hook? Or have any suggestions? Thanks.

BJP_LOGO_BLOG.gif

I have a MVTCo English Doglock Horse Pistol, I did not think about getting a belt hook, but I started thinking about making one. So I went into the shop and hammered one out from images I found of the real deal. I roughed it out and tested it. The problem I am having is that with one screw it will not hold in place, it just want's to spin. Has anyone tried to make a belt hook? Or have any suggestions? Thanks.

When I make them, I always include a pin to prevent rotation. The pin fits into a hole drilled for it in the sideplate. The old originals were made in this fashion.

>>>>> Cascabel

That's great! The pictures I found just deemed to have the one screw,, couldn't see the pin. Thanks

You can't see the pin until you remove the hook from the pistol. It protrudes from the back side, and is polished flush on the outside that is visible when the hook is mounted.

>>>> Cascabel

• 2 months later...

Son of a son of a son....

Ahoy;

Make one with enoughstock on the attaching (screw) end to fabricate a tab that bends down 90 from the screw surface and locks the piece into the stock body. Like the frizzen spring on a flintlock.

Edited by Pistol Pete

Son of a son of a son....