posting in events ??

Stynky has asked me to help tidy up the "Events/Raids" section, and I will start working on it (eventually).... But so far the direction we have discussed the most is to go back to the events by month. So yeah, what Patrick said. If you need any help, please don't hesitate to message me.

Michael_banner.jpg

hmm !! no matter how many times i looked before, "july" was not there.... methinks somebody slid it in there between then and now just to make it look like i missed it !!

I just did that today on my lunch. I will be poking away at the Raids section as much as possible over the next few weeks, but it will have to be around my work schedule and other real life infringements.

Michael_banner.jpg

Michael, I know that forum is really a mess, but as it stands right now, event postings get buried as soon as another post is made. Is there any way to set up a calendar, with links to the thread for each event...or at least the main ones? I'm just trying to figure out a way to give event postings more front page time, as opposed to "Gee, yesterday I posted something about .....event, and now it's buried already and no one will see it."

This is just a suggestion, but...yeah, you know. :P

Ta,

R

...schooners, islands, and maroons

and buccaneers and buried gold...

RAKEHELL-1.jpg

You can do everything right, strictly according to procedure, on the ocean, and it'll still kill you. But if you're a good navigator, a least you'll know where you were when you died.......From The Ship Killer by Justin Scott.

"Well, that's just maddeningly unhelpful."....Captain Jack Sparrow

Found in the Ruins — Unique Jewelry

Found in the Ruins — Personal Blog

As of right now..... My thought was to restore it to close to the state it was in prior to the BIG LONG LIST (as in each event in a subforum by month).

Stynky and I have discussed some options, but suggestions are most welcome!!!

The way I see it, within the constraints of the forums technology, the options are....

1. The BIG LONG LIST. All events are in the Raids Forum as subfolders, with a section for events we don't know about (Unsorted Raids) that will eventually (time permitting) be given their own subforum. This is more or less how the Raids section has been set up for the last year.

2. There is a subforum for each month, and a sub-subforum for each event. This is how the Raids was set up about a year ago (+/-). And more or less what I am aiming for in the short term.

3. The Raids section gets a subsection for each month, with no sub-sub-forums, and each event has it's own topics just in the month.

Options #1 and #2 need a good deal of maintenance, which history has shown does fall behind from time to time.

Option #3 is pretty self maintaining, but does have the downside of event topics that are a bit slower on the post count getting pushed down the list.

Option #2, while likely the most organized looking, has like I said a high level of Admin maintenance required, but also requires viewers to drill down a few levels to actually get to the threads.

Anyways, I don't want this to be a long winded analysis... But I guess my point is, there are pros and cons to the different ways to organize raids... Stynky will be the final word, but I am sure input and feedback would be welcome.

Edit - I almost didn't answer your questions... Stynky is looking into having events linked from the calendar... But that may take time.

P.S.S. I just added NorCal as a test to the Calendar, try it out. It doesn't seem like the best option, but it does look like it could work.

Michael_banner.jpg