Steampunking Delorean

Admiral Kilo

Right now nobody here has the funds for it, but we can start on the blueprints and dream about the possibilities.

Basically, my brother and I are going to work on buying then steampunking a Delorean. I know how to refinish the outside and I have some idea about the inside, my brother knows how to make it steam powered and even set up a device to split the necessary hydrogen from oxygen in water. However, we will most likely just buy natural hydrogen gas since using the mentioned device would be very demanding on electricity.

Here's a pic for anyone who doesn't know what a Delorean looks like. In case you don't recognize it, it's the same vehicle used as the time machine in Back to the Future.

1981_Delorean_DMC12.jpgdelorean_1981.jpgdelorean_brochure3_811.jpg

I would like no vehicle more than a fully functional airship, but a steam powered car is much less demanding on fuel than the other cars out on the road and I don't think we could afford the equipment or license necessary to fly a steam powered ship around town.

EDIT: I should probably clarify, when I say "I know how to refinish the outside," I mean I know how we should make it look and I know how to paint it. If any metalworking is necessary, we'll save that for last and once everything else is done I'll just take it to my uncle. For starting out most likely we're just going to work on giving it a paint job and making the inside of the vehicle look nice, but the engine will be getting most of the attention.

Edited by Admiral Kilo