Who remembers the Captain Crunch Pirate?

Captain Tito

If breakfast cereal characters could collect unemployment there would be quite a long line, as many of the longtime animated Mateys of, say, the 1960s thru 1980s have had to walk the plank.

Most notoriously are all the co-stars of Captain Crunch!!

Now I like the guy, and the cereal, but its sad that the Crunchberry Beast, and that dog that used to be on his Peanut Butter Cereal, all got the heave ho!!

Seems to me I remember another Captain Crunch co-star of some years back that was a mean Pirate. My memories were jarred even more when I walked into a collectors shop and saw a bobble head of the very Pirate. He was animated (well duh) wearing Pirate garb (double duh) and had an evil face kind of like Gargamel from the Smurfs.

Thing is, he was in a container where I couldn't get at him.

I don't remember what his name was!!

Does anybody remember this Captain Crunch Pirate, and what his name was???

<span style='font-size:21pt;line-height:100%'>Have Parrot Bay, will travel.

WILL SHARE TOO!!!</span>

His name was Jean LaFoote, the Barefoot Pirate. You can order him as a retro Whacky Wobbler at http://www.brcactionfigures.com/jeanlafwacwo.html

-- Hurricane

http://piratesofthecoast.com/images/pyracy-logo1.jpg

• Captain of The Pyrates of the Coast
  • Author of "Memoirs of a Buccaneer: 30 Year Before the Mast" (Published in Fall 2011)
  • Scurrilous Rogue
  • Stirrer of Pots
  • Fomenter of Mutiny
  • Bon Vivant & Roustabout
  • Part-time Carnival Barker
  • Certified Ex-Wife Collector
  • Experienced Drinking Companion

"I was screwed. I readied my confession and the sobbing pleas not to tell my wife. But as I turned, no one was in the bed. The room was empty. The naked girl was gone, like magic."

"Memoirs of a Buccaneer: 30 Years Before the Mast" - Amazon.com

• 2 weeks later...

Jean LaFoote.... yer making me feel old...

"Yo Ho, all together

hoist the colours high

Heave Ho, theives and beggers

Never shall we die..."

blackwood.jpg

"I don't care who ye say you are lad, if ye say 'savvy' one more time, I'll bury this cutlass in that thick skull

of yers!"

-Captain John Young - PILF

Aye! I remeber that scalliwag!

That were back in the days when cereal charcters became cartoon characters with their own series; there was Captain Cruch, Sugar Bear, um.....that's all I remember. But I'm sure there were more.

I may be old but me memory still works. B)

(And if ye wants t'really sift through yer memories, there was me favorite cartoon - Johnny Quest! If ye be in Southern California, there be a convention in Del Mar this upcoming weekend and one o'me mates is going t'show the ORIGINAL first show of that series on FILM!)

hook_banner2.jpg

Captain, we always knew you were a whoopsie.

Rumors of my death are entirely premature.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

I used to think that Cap'n Crunch was a pirate. I was hurt when I found out that he was only just a cartoon version of the Quaker Oats man. Oooh! Look kids...a sailing Quaker!

Now, that Jean LaFoote is a REAL pirate! I'd join forces with him any day. Together we'd take over Cap'n Crunch's ship, plunder all of the free plastic toys you find in his cereal boxes, pillage all of the crunch berry fields...

Hell, maybe we'd even torture the Cap'n by scraping the roof of his mouth with Peanut Butter Crunch? LaFoote and I just might do it...if we have the time.

"I like nachos. Mermaid nachos."

The Seabeaver - Official Website

Facebook

MySpace

Twitter

banner2.gif

Oooooh, dear... Aye... does show how old we are.

I remember it... just ever so slightly. Along with watching "Smurfs" in the morning with "Ewoks" & everything else during the 80's. I think there were a couple Smurf episodes that had a couple pirates in them.

Worse! Here we go mates! Was at Burger King the other days.. took my nephew & niece... they got Scooby Doo 2 toys - instead of Shrek 2, not sure why - & there was a Scooby ghost hunt that had a card one had to find the monsters in the card that were from various episodes. One of the "monsters" was ol' Redbeard the Pirate! If anyone remembers THAT episode! I think there were more than 1 pirate episode in the Scooby series though.

& yes, watching the old Johnny Quest.. I think they had a pirate episode.

WORSE! I was forced to watch "Dragontales" with my niece that same day... & low & behold... was the characters going on a treasure hunt! :lol:

::le sigh:: :lol: Oooooh, the old cartoons!

<_<

Tempt Fate! an' toss 't all t' Hell!"

"I'm completely innocent of whatever crime I've committed."

The one, the only,... the infamous!

Nostalgia be a high....I remember tha original Capt Crook from Mac Donalds....they changed him..tho..I hate when they change things from bearable ta worse...they even tried ta bring back FIZZIES..but it failed. Ovaltine ain't tha same...an' 5 cent candy now be 50 cent..an filled with artificiality ! I remember Stretch Armstrong dolls. Arr ! Hang 'em from tha yardarm fer takin away our childhood. An No Three Musketeers bar for 'em.

Dream Wench <-------feelin old... :rolleyes: