CHAT

Some of you have been asking about chat and its many uses, and many of you have probably tried the Pub Chat with mixed results, so I've been asked to elaborate on some of the problems that we're having and that have been experienced by several users.

First - The status of ACTIVE USERS is poor at best. The ACTIVE USERS information on the main page and on the CHAT page itself seldom shows who is actually in the room. I have been in chat when it showed only one active user when as many as ten were chatting back and forth, so you can simply ignore that information. It is seldom accurate.

Second - The Chat window will occasionally lock up or crash your browser when five or more people are chatting at the same time. This could be due to a bandwith issue or a Javascript problem. We simply don't know.

Third - If two people are sharing the same line, be it modem, DSL or what have you, you might also experience a failure in chat.

Please be patient when using Chat. It has some issues. Just check in often and meet your fellow pirates. It's a great place to ask questions and hook up with crews traveling far and wide to events around the globe.

image.jpeg.6e5f24495b9d06c08a6a4e051c2bcc99.jpeg

Any time I've tried to use chat.... there was no one there ;)

Maybe if there was an approximate time and day to gather there......