PotC Interactive

LadyBarbossa

Some had posted this in the PotC chat list on Yahoogroups. Not sure if this is true, but here is the info they had mentioned:

After much negotiations between Disney and Regal Cinemas, the POTC

Interactive in Tampa, Florida is ON! The event will be held

Saturday and Sunday, Feb. 14th and 15th at the Regal Theater Stadium

at Citrus Park Mall at 1:00 p.m. and 4:00 p.m. both days. Call the

theater at (813) 920-9471 for more information. We need as many

people to come as possible because Disney will be watching to see

how many show up. Let's fill the theaters!

> Explain a little more about the PotC Interactive.

>

>

> Forever Barbossa's,

> Anastazia

The POTC Interactive is just that. It's a viewing of the film at a

theater and the audience interacts with the movie. (Think of the

midnight showing of Rocky Horror Picture Show.) The audience will

come in costume (pirates or poppets) and you can bring your script

(download from www.POTCInteractive.com) and an apple. The theater

will provide pirates kits but that may consist of coupons for candy

or drinks - who knows?) I'm bringing my own pirate props. It's

just a chance for Johnny fans and POTC fans to get together and

meet, celebrate the film (and Johnny's nomination!) and have some

fun. More information is available on the website mentioned.

Kyrila

For some of you down that direction, I figured that you may enjoy something like this.

Who knows, if this is a hit, they will do this at other theaters across the country! Make this a huge cult pop phenomen as RHPS!

HUZZAH!

Anastazia

~Master & Commander of the Resurrection

:ph34r:

Tempt Fate! an' toss 't all t' Hell!"

"I'm completely innocent of whatever crime I've committed."

The one, the only,... the infamous!

Oh, it be true. I be one of the original members of POTCinteractive. Sadly, I cannot afford to make the trip to Tampa.

Here be there website info.

POTC interactive

and while's I at it.....I take aim at El Pirata as I know he gotta say something about it. :ph34r:

:ph34r::ph34r::ph34r:

Postscript... This month's No Quarter Given had a note about POTCinteractive as well. Huzzah!

~Tori

Like any unmanned ship, a novice sailor will eventually steer into the wind and then in circles.

Ah.. darn..

I would have gone as Elizabeth but I didn't even know they were doing this,... besides I was in bed sick and went to the hospital yesterday.

I hope that they do this again soon!!

I Miss all the fun!!!

Gabrielle :ph34r:

Aye... same goes fer me.. too! That sounds like a total BLAST! I wish I would'a known about it sooner, maybe I'd had gotten tail end down thar te see it! :ph34r:

Cabinlass Maggie :ph34r:

It'll be the rope's end for that one, me bucko.

Not to worry, Elaina. I've been speaking with one of the founders & was inform that despite it wasn't a huge turn out, it was still a success despite the mishap to it... that there are 3 more PotC Interactives planned for the year at the same theater. May want to check on the forum on the PotCI site on who to talk to.

BTW... my sympathies, m'dear. Hope you are feeling much better. Truly a terrible time to have fallen ill. But, I do hope you will be able to make one or all 3 of them in the future?

Maggie! Chica! There is one in the works for the Chicago area as well. By what I am gathering, from the founder, the major cities are getting some PotCI's in the works. :: crosses fingers & swords::

I can actually see this happening. I'm even checking in to see if a PotCI can happen here in lil' ol' Iowa! I've actually had a few people want PotC on the IMAX. But, until Disney or Buena Vista or whoever puts it on Large Format, we won't be able to show it. I've had more people demand it than the Matrix Reloaded. At least that already had it on Large Format.

I wish I could go to the one in Atlanta - when ever that one comes around. Why? JACK & BARBOSSA! Aye! The 2 wonderful gents down in Georgia whom a few of us know simply as Jack & Barbossa ... I'm sure would grace whatever theater the PotCI would be held at. I've already informed (sort of) Jack about this. Hopefully he will get involved (If you are reading this, Jack, you can strangle me when I get down there for GARF in May. ;) )

So.... check in on the site... get involved! :ph34r:

Huzzah!

Forever Barbossa's,

Anastazia

;)

arrrrrr...why does this happen when i don't live there yet!!??

was just there a few weeks ago! btw-very nice mall...has a johnny rockets too! yummmm

elaina my luv, i hope you feel better!

1461668bfsjvui84v.jpg

"This calls for a particularly subtle blend of psychology & extereme violence." -Vivian, The Young Ones

Thank you so much for the kind words. I be trying to get as much rest as possible.. but when I think I am feeling better it comes back on me quick and I feel like I have scurvy again j/k

I will be sure not to miss the next show!! Maybe I be seeing you there Paisley!! keep me posted if I will run into you at Black Beard.

back to coughing LOL

:(

cabinfreindsbanner-vi.jpg

Aye ..I think Jack and Barbossa be coming down to PIP this year. You should all try to come down ladies.. it is going to be amazing this year. Last year was amazing enough.. I can't imagine.

Aye. Hopefully they will make it down there as well. As to myself getting down there... I would like to, it's something that's on the mind, but no real plans yet. Again, depends on my re-enactment schedule & money. (ALWAYS the bloody money)

:(:( Then again, if Barbossa makes it in to town.. he'd want to burn everything!! :(

I'll keep it in mind for PiP.

I do hope you are able to get to the next showings of PotCI. Wishin' ya all luck with that, mates. :(

Huzzah!

Anastazia

~Master & Commander of the Resurrection

:(