Order Of Leviathan Nominees

What is going to be the "official" way of recommending or nominating people for consideration for membership ? I see people being mentioned in the public Order of Leviathan thread, and wonder if that is going to be the way it is to be done, or will it be done by e-mail to Pirates Magazine, or some other route ?

>>>> Cascabel

Start looking mates !

The earlier we get nomanees in the bester right?

If you have any suggestions let them know to send in pictures and bios to Pirates Magazine.

Are you permitted to nominate more than one Captain? I have two and wish to nominate them both

Since the inaugeral (spelling) year will be past, are members of Pirates Magazine still off limits or are they able to be nominated now? It seams that some one would probably name Bilgemunky, as well as Matt Stagmer, if allowed.

And when Is the official date that we need to have our nomination in?

I think we should stipulate early this time that the competition is not open to just captains...that seemed to be changed in mid-competition last time...

"I being shot through the left cheek, the bullet striking away great part of my upper jaw, and several teeth which dropt down the deck where I fell... I was forced to write what I would say to prevent the loss of blood, and because of the pain I suffered by speaking."~ Woodes Rogers

Crewe of the Archangel

http://jcsterlingcptarchang.wix.com/creweofthearchangel#

http://creweofthearchangel.wordpress.com/

What is going to be the "official" way of recommending or nominating people for consideration for membership ? I see people being mentioned in the public Order of Leviathan thread, and wonder if that is going to be the way it is to be done, or will it be done by e-mail to Pirates Magazine, or some other route ?

>>>> Cascabel

Now if I understand this correctly, and I'm not saying that I do after the amount of beers I've consumed. But I believe each one of us/each individual, as an Order of Leviathan member gets to nominate somebody.

Then that gaggle of nominees, along with whatever number is left to be picked as runners up - gets voted on by the public.

So instead of Pirates Magazine picking/coming up with all the nominees themselves - we each get a say - equal in the number of us. . . at least as far as the nominees are concerned.

Then the top 12 of those will be picked by the public. Then that top 12 will pick a 13th. . . but this time no dice rolling maybe. :D

Is there some other wording I could have used to make this more confusing than I feel now that I've typed it out loud.

Oi Stynky have another drink...

"I being shot through the left cheek, the bullet striking away great part of my upper jaw, and several teeth which dropt down the deck where I fell... I was forced to write what I would say to prevent the loss of blood, and because of the pain I suffered by speaking."~ Woodes Rogers

Crewe of the Archangel

>>>> Cascabel

Now if I understand this correctly, and I'm not saying that I do after the amount of beers I've consumed. But I believe each one of us/each individual, as an Order of Leviathan member gets to nominate somebody.

...........and where and how do we make these nominations, in order for them to be recognized as "official" ????

>>>> Cascabel

• 1 month later...

Um the sand is quickly passing through the glass, it would be great to get these nominations officially in now, so voters can meet and greet the new nominees early this year at events....just a thought.

Crewe of the Archangel

• 2 weeks later...

Start looking mates !

The earlier we get nomanees in the bester right?

If you have any suggestions let them know to send in pictures and bios to Pirates Magazine.

So, me larger-than-life friend, what be the best e-mail fer Pirates Magazine to which we send our nominees?

Quicksilver@PiratePots.com

www.PiratePots.com

www.LostMtnClay.com

"...Now and then we had a hope that if we

lived and were good, God would permit us

to be pirates." -Mark Twain

I ask again... what are yer thoughts mates...Since the inaugeral (spelling) year will be past, are members of Pirates Magazine still off limits or are they able to be nominated now? Surely, the 2nd annual competition will not be accused of being "rigged" if members of the mag were nominated.. It seams that some one would probably name Bilgemunky, as well as Matt Stagmer, if allowed.

Ok and send the nominations into Pirates Magazine but, when Is the official date that we need to have our nomination in?

And I agree, no dice rolling. Totally unneccessary. If it looks like a pirate is gonna be voted in by a landslide... then so be it. They deserve it, and damn how it looks to outsiders.

• 1 month later...

...........and where and how do we make these nominations, in order for them to be recognized as "official"

Well I would assume our nominees would get emailed to Talderoy direct like, but I'll give him a call and try and find out specifically.

And I agree, no dice rolling. Totally unneccessary. If it looks like a pirate is gonna be voted in by a landslide... then so be it. They deserve it, and damn how it looks to outsiders.

Hear, hear, I agree! The dice only need come out to break a tie, or roll for prizes.

But unfortunately, I do think members of Pirates Magazine will still be off limits.

...........and where and how do we make these nominations, in order for them to be recognized as "official"

Well I would assume our nominees would get emailed to Talderoy direct like, but I'll give him a call and try and find out specifically.

Hear, hear, I agree! The dice only need come out to break a tie, or roll for prizes.

But unfortunately, I do think members of Pirates Magazine will still be off limits.

I have seen much discussion about nominations for the next candidates for the Order of Leviathan, but no answers as to when and where to send our nominations.

I, too , am in agreement that we should decided on who is nominated to our Order. All other orders and "societies" hand pick their members and it is put to a vote. I say we each nominate someone, and let the online voting determine the finalists. I do not think we should grow exponentially , but add a few members each year. Make it something to work for... to be worthy of.

I am also in agreement that the dice should not be determining our Order choice, but only used for prizes or tiebreakers.

• 2 weeks later...

I have seen over on the Piratesmagazine boards the new option for holding the contest every two years?

Crewe of the Archangel

Sorry, but Talderoy and me have only been playing phone tag - so I don't have an answer for us.

I have seen over on the Piratesmagazine boards the new option for holding the contest every two years?

Well for a Quarterly Magazine, letting this thing run once every 2 years - gives me time ta make proper use of and exploit me not so new found title, position and celebrity status. :D

But on the subject of expressing nominees and making them known to Pirates Magazine - I propose we take matters into our own hands and decide how we want to do this.

We should decide who we want, collect/build and post our list of nominees ourselves here - in the Order of Leviathan forum.

Then we can figure out some sort of theatrical way to deliver them to Pirates Magazine - maybe even figure out a fun way to meet/have a gathering and make a public announcement - send out press releases, tv, radio, blah, blah, blah.

But on the subject of expressing nominees and making them known to Pirates Magazine - I propose we take matters into our own hands and decide how we want to do this.

We should decide who we want, collect/build and post our list of nominees ourselves here - in the Order of Leviathan forum.

Then we can figure out some sort of theatrical way to deliver them to Pirates Magazine - maybe even figure out a fun way to meet/have a gathering and make a public announcement - send out press releases, tv, radio, blah, blah, blah.

I can concur with parts of this. It certainly would be a plus to make it more of a media event, but I wonder how well it would go over if we took control over who could be nominated. From the sound of it a lot of crew members were excited to be able to participate by nominating their captains. I wonder how they would feel if we turned it around and said no we'll be doing that from now on?

Crewe of the Archangel

So hard being in differnt places.

Mates, and I use the word to it's fullest. I can not stress enough that we are an order and it is now up to us to make the way. Everyone of you get a vote for our newest members. Pirates Magazine wants to honor our new members every two years. I say we nominate now officially and in the second year the vote begins. Once again things go they way we wish. We are Pirates magazines Devil's Dozen but we are are own Order Of Leviathan. We bring in who we wish!!! Bilgemunky is a great addition, so is Capn Slappy and MAtt has my Vote.

Last year we had the rings made by Skinny Dog Designs Hollywoods number one movie jewelry designers.The rings cost me 250.00 each x 14. This year they might be closer to 300.00 a piece. I can not afford to bear the cost of this again by myself. What do we do for the new members ?

Ps if ye need me tellnotales@covad.net

Perhaps the answer to the ring cost issue would be to elect only a few new members each time. The harder it is to get into the Order, the more coveted it will be. And I do not see how we would benefit from growing exponentially with 12 new members each year or other year.

. . .

. . .

. . .It seams that some one would probably name Bilgemunky, as well as Matt Stagmer, if allowed.

. . .

. . .

. . . We bring in who we wish!!! Bilgemunky is a great addition, so is Capn Slappy and MAtt has my Vote.

Ps if ye need me tellnotales@covad.net

Well it looks like I misspoke a bit earlier and need to retract a few of me words now doesn't. . .

Sorry about that Mister MacKay.

But considering that we are thee Order Of Leviathan - We should act as who we are, an independent group that chooses whoever we see fit. And I think Bilgemunky, Capn Slappy & 1stMate Matt are all solid nominees.

It's going to be important that we communicate on who we're going to nominate - to prevent doubling up.

How many can we nominate each...ahem...

Crewe of the Archangel