The Honorable Order Of The Leviathan On Facebook

Ahoy Brethren (and Ladies), In an effort to be proactive, following Our decision to Keep our Orders name and make it our own, and to blow the other guys out of the cyber waters, replacing them in the search engine rankings, I have started a facebook page. It is a slight variation to the name, which i think will allow a transition (on google) to occur more smoothly. I am not suggesting that we change our name. If adding "The Honorable" Order of "The" Leviathan is an issue, let me know and I can take the fan page down.

I know that some of you will ask, "If we already are on Pyracy.com in the common forum area as well as having our own members' forum, whay do we need to be on facebook?" The answer is simple, facebook is the largest social media platform on the web. It is the quickest way to gain a huge following, Google and the other search engines now follow discussions and activity on facebook, which contributes to rankings in the search engines, this is an extremely new practice for google, and is estimated to be one of the fastest ways to change your google ranking.

Also today, facebook has added the "LIKE" button to fan pages. So now rather than feeling like you are making a major commitment by "becoming a fan" people can simply click "like". This change has been made to boost a fan pages supporters. Combined, these things is HUGE. Facebook is the largest Social Media Platform, Google now follows the activity on Facebook Fan Pages, and it is now easier for facebookers to become a supporter (fan). I lnvite you all to become fans, post comments, pictures, and dialog there as well as on Pyracy.com Simply remember though, this is an OPEN, PUBLIC platform. Do not discuss our Private Business on this fan Page. If someone becomes a fan, they can post and interact (much like on Pyracy.com open forum).

This IS TOTALLY a move to be PROACTIVE and gain a huge group of supporters. -MacKay

Ahoy Brethren (and Ladies), In an effort to be proactive, following Our decision to Keep our Orders name and make it our own, and to blow the other guys out of the cyber waters, replacing them in the search engine rankings, I have started a facebook page. It is a slight variation to the name, which i think will allow a transition (on google) to occur more smoothly. I am not suggesting that we change our name. If adding "The Honorable" Order of "The" Leviathan is an issue, let me know and I can take the fan page down.

I know that some of you will ask, "If we already are on Pyracy.com in the common forum area as well as having our own members' forum, whay do we need to be on facebook?" The answer is simple, facebook is the largest social media platform on the web. It is the quickest way to gain a huge following, Google and the other search engines now follow discussions and activity on facebook, which contributes to rankings in the search engines, this is an extremely new practice for google, and is estimated to be one of the fastest ways to change your google ranking.

Also today, facebook has added the "LIKE" button to fan pages. So now rather than feeling like you are making a major commitment by "becoming a fan" people can simply click "like". This change has been made to boost a fan pages supporters. Combined, these things is HUGE. Facebook is the largest Social Media Platform, Google now follows the activity on Facebook Fan Pages, and it is now easier for facebookers to become a supporter (fan). I lnvite you all to become fans, post comments, pictures, and dialog there as well as on Pyracy.com Simply remember though, this is an OPEN, PUBLIC platform. Do not discuss our Private Business on this fan Page. If someone becomes a fan, they can post and interact (much like on Pyracy.com open forum).

This IS TOTALLY a move to be PROACTIVE and gain a huge group of supporters. -MacKay

A vote is in order as this is official OL biz.

Well one interesting point is that when you google the Honorable Order of the Leviathan, you don't get the cult page. By adding the term Honorable you really aren't changing the name, just describing the order... folks in the order need to leave up to the description...

yeah I can spell... live up to the description... not leave...

Edited by Capt. Sterling

"I being shot through the left cheek, the bullet striking away great part of my upper jaw, and several teeth which dropt down the deck where I fell... I was forced to write what I would say to prevent the loss of blood, and because of the pain I suffered by speaking."~ Woodes Rogers

Crewe of the Archangel

http://jcsterlingcptarchang.wix.com/creweofthearchangel#

http://creweofthearchangel.wordpress.com/

I vote we need a damn fine coffee house to do all this business in... oops sorry, being historically AR again..

"I being shot through the left cheek, the bullet striking away great part of my upper jaw, and several teeth which dropt down the deck where I fell... I was forced to write what I would say to prevent the loss of blood, and because of the pain I suffered by speaking."~ Woodes Rogers

Crewe of the Archangel

I vote we need a damn fine coffee house to do all this business in... oops sorry, being historically AR again..

I would love to be able to get together with all of you in a coffe house and discuss things.What a fun time that would be.Internet is so cold in here

Edited by Talderoy

I think, Captain Sterling has the right of it. And understands my intent quite clearly. I say, we DON"T officially change our name. I like the original name. Adding those few words in cyber space though, allows us to gain a large following, on line. While creating a distance from that other group. At a certain point, because of the repetition of key words being used in our facebook activity( eg. order, leviathan, order of leviathan) and in any other social media, the search engines will find us by "Order of Leviathan" and we WILL be the group found when google searching "Order of Leviathan". Replacing those damned other guys. It is a clever Cyber Pirate trick, that appeals to my nature.

In addition, it is not out of the realm of possibility that these first 16-17 (whatever the actual number is) people ARE Honorable. I say they all are, and I am proud to say that about everyone of them! And as they make up the body of the Order at this time, the order is Honorable. We all conducted our selves in the running of The Devil's Dozen competition honorably, and we all view being in the Order of Leviathan as an HONOR. I say that each one of us sees this order as Honorable. Isn't that what we just were saying back and forth to each other when deciding to keep the name...

We can call ourselves (on facebook) whatever we will, and yes, set our own benchmark, bar or standard to live up to. We will still be the Order of Leviathan. As a good mate of mine said..."It's what we do that defines us, lets make a good example of ourselves".

All I am suggesting is the clever use of a few words, on facebook, for now. I am not suggesting we actually change the title of the order. I hope this has explained my tactic. If you still think we need to vote on this, it can be our second order of business.

PS. I'm lighting fires to keep it warm in here for you mate.

I would love to be able to get together with all of you in a coffe house and discuss things.What a fun time that would be.Internet is so cold in here

agreed... perhaps in the future a common ground meeting place for one weekend OL event other than just the induction ceremony?

and back to the topic...

Edited by Capt. Sterling

Crewe of the Archangel

Our upcoming Blackbeard Festival would be a fine time to bring the Order together. It is still several months away to allow for planning, and it in my humble opinion, one of the finest pirate festivals ever. Many of you already attend this event yearly, and there are many great photo ops for the group such as a variety of tall ships and waterfront venues.

Just a thought....My link

or that may be www. hamptonblackbeardfestival.org

Hmmmm love Blackbeard's but there is so much work to be done there and we are all so spread out to begin with, camping is limited to the crews working...Beaufort has more free time, but space is limited at least for them that need to camp as well...

Crewe of the Archangel

Jeff,

I appreciate you trying to be proactive, but please get rid of the word Honorable.

Having an Order of Leviathan fan page that is obviously ours is a great idea.

But getting rid of the word Honorable will do a better job of what you’re trying to accomplish in the search engines.

In fact, if the Order of Set or whatever re-activated themselves and updated their page while we're using the word Honorable – they would leap-frog ahead of us to the top of the search engines.

I have written search engines before and I know how they work.

So by adding the word Honorable to our name – you’re actually doing us a disservice, setting back the importance of our name as well as crippling any legal "fair use" rights to it we have.

I've worked for Lawyers too.

Sorry, but the word Honorable just doesn’t belong and feels like a wimpy add-on.

Stop being afraid of our name. The longer we use it (without the word Honorable attached) - the bigger the association will be to us. Our statistics will grow, our standing will climb, dwarfing whatever they have. Trust me they will disappear, be forgotten and buried.

Jeff,

I appreciate you trying to be proactive, but please get rid of the word Honorable.

But getting rid of the word Honorable will do a better job of what you're trying to accomplish in the search engines.

In fact, if the Order of Set or whatever re-activated themselves and updated their page while we're using the word Honorable they would leap-frog ahead of us to the top of the search engines.

So by adding the word Honorable to our name you're actually doing us a disservice, setting back the importance of our name as well as crippling any legal "fair use" rights to it we have.

Sorry, but the word Honorable just doesn't belong and feels like a wimpy add-on.

Stop being afraid of our name. The longer we use it (without the word Honorable attached) - the bigger the association will be to us. Our statistics will grow, our standing will climb, dwarfing whatever they have. Trust me they will disappear, be forgotten and buried.

As much as I respect Jeff and see his point I really just feel we should keep Order of Leviathan. It does seem we cheapen our Order by being afraid of the public scrutiny.(When did pirates ever fear public scrutiny!) I can have my arm bend into agreeing by a vote if it goes that way.This is a pirate democrocy. But im my heart I feel we should not change the name it is what it is. I have allot of respect for the members and hope this becomes something fun and worth doing. I'm not worried if people think we are Devil Worshipers because all they ahve to do is meet us . Come on Do you really think that we are devil worshipers ? WE are the Order of Leviathan if you want you can reffer to it as the Honorable Order of Leviathan but we are the Order of Leviathan

Edited by Talderoy

Jeff,

But getting rid of the word Honorable will do a better job of what you're trying to accomplish in the search engines.

In fact, if the Order of Set or whatever re-activated themselves and updated their page while we're using the word Honorable – they would leap-frog ahead of us to the top of the search engines.

So by adding the word Honorable to our name – you're actually doing us a disservice, setting back the importance of our name as well as crippling any legal "fair use" rights to it we have.

Sorry, but the word Honorable just doesn't belong and feels like a wimpy add-on.

As much as I respect Jeff and see his point I really just feel we should keep Order of Leviathan. It does seem we cheapen our Order by being afraid of the public scrutiny.(When did pirates ever fear public scrutiny!) I can have my arm bend into agreeing by a vote if it goes that way.This is a pirate democrocy. But im my heart I feel we should not change the name it is what it is. I have allot of respect for the members and hope this becomes something fun and worth doing. I'm not worried if people think we are Devil Worshipers because all they ahve to do is meet us . Come on Do you really think that we are devil worshipers ? WE are the Order of Leviathan if you want you can reffer to it as the Honorable Order of Leviathan but we are the Order of Leviathan

I agree. I have nothing but the utmost respect and admiration for Jeff, and I can understand his reasoning and not wanting to be associated with those fruitcakes because I myself do not want to be associated with them, but I think we should leave our name as it was originally intended. I agree with Stynky that the more our name is used on the internet, it will eventually overshadow those other people, and I also agree with Cascabel in that I do not feel the need to justify the name of our crew to narrow-minded people who would think the worst. All one would need to do is to read up on our crew to know that we are not one and the same with those others. :P

"Now then, me bullies! Would you rather do the gallows dance, and hang in chains 'til the crows pluck your eyes from your rotten skulls? Or would you feel the roll of a stout ship beneath your feet again?"

---Captain William Kidd---

(1945)

Ok, First, Thank you all for respecting me. Secondly I am not afraid of our Name. I like the name, as I have said repeatedly, and again I am not suggesting to change it as an organization. Thirdly Stynky, When has it ever been wimpy to be "Honorable". There is even Honor among thieves. Lastly, the page has been removed. -MacKay

Ok, First, Thank you all for respecting me. Secondly I am not afraid of our Name. I like the name, as I have said repeatedly, and again I am not suggesting to change it as an organization. Thirdly Stynky, When has it ever been wimpy to be "Honorable". There is even Honor among thieves. Lastly, the page has been removed. -MacKay

Jeff, please don't put words in my mouth, I didn't say being Honorable was wimpy. What I said was, the word "feels like a wimpy add-on".

It felt like we were apologizing for something we're not even associated with.

And you didn't need to delete the page, you could have just renamed it.

Stynky sorry to put words in your mouth. I just don't see how does adding "Honorable" feel like a wimpy add on?

I could not rename the page. I had already picked the username.

From Facebook: "Facebook usernames will be available in basic text forms, and you can only choose a single username for each of the Pages that you administer." "The selected username should clearly identify the artist or business represented by your Page. Create a username that is as close as possible to your public figure or business name (e.g. AshtonKutcher, PizzaHut) to avoid any confusion or misrepresentation. In addition, generic words (e.g. restaurant) are not available as options for Facebook usernames. Think carefully about the username you choose for your Page as once it has been selected, you will not be able to change or transfer it. "

thus I could not change it. I was left with the options of not pleasing you guys and leaving it up, or... the option of taking it down.

IF we want a "Order of Leviathan" fan page it is available last time I checked.

Clay, The new facebook fan page "Order of Leviathan" is up. I will hand over the administration of the page to whomever you think should administer it, or share administration if so desired. -Jeff