New Items coming soon

For those of you who might be interested in some flintlocks slightly different than what is normally offered I am working on 2 small arms and should have the first ready for sale in the next month or so. The first is as many of you have seen a bronze barrel blunderbuss like what I had at PiP, short enough to be tucked in a belt. The other is one for the ladies, also in bronze as a blunderbuss it is a boxlock which should be under a pound and 6-8 inches in length. I will have 2 boxlocks for sale first and then start working on the larger pieces. These are American made and not India imports. If you are interested in one of the boxlocks feel free to send me a message and I can tell you more about them.

id.jpg

I finally talked my brudder into building a wall gunne around his wheel-lock. I showed him a photo from Alafia rondeevous (I think) that had a nice big swivel mounted one with a bronze barrel. How much would a barrel cost him good sir? Say a 1" bore @ three feet long? I already got him a chunk of cherry for the stock. He dang near died this winter from an infection, so he is home-bound on recovery and looking for something like this to do to keep him from getting overly bored. I'd appreciate it if you could give me a ball-park figure on a barrel to tempt him with further. Thanks...

Bo

Should be about a month or two before I get the first mini blunderbuss finished. The locks I've een using are nice however with the last pistol I built I tore the lock down and reworked the springs even though they arent nearly as tight as the India guns and when it was done boy did she work beautifully never misfiring (inverted or on her side) and always throwing the frizzen foreward beautifully. I must of flashed the pan 20-30 times in a row without knapping the flint or even wiping it beforre I gave it a break. It looks like I am going to have to rework the springs on all the locks like this one from now on.

id.jpg