Pirate Classes in School

imadrunkenpirate

Aside from all the mumbo-jumbo of t'day's classes, ME meself needs a pirate class. I could stand 80 mintues of pirate talk and pirate lessons every day!

Ah.. If only me school provided that option. I be almost positive it just me and me best friend Marie. I think, though, that I be more "into" pirates than she be anyway.. but I'd almost be certain that she'd accompany me.

If not, thar more booty fer me!

Cabinlass Maggie :ph34r:

It'll be the rope's end for that one, me bucko.

I taught at a parochial school in SC for 6 years and the Social Studies teacher there did a whole unit on Piracy for her 8th graders. They each did a full project on one Pirate and annually displayed them in the hall.

I was able to lend my map to them (that Treasure Map of Sunken and Buried Treasures that they sell on parchment paper) each year.

Wish I could help em now that I'm even more into it. :ph34r:

<span style='font-size:21pt;line-height:100%'>Have Parrot Bay, will travel.

WILL SHARE TOO!!!</span>

Maggie your in 7th or 8th grade? In Texas 7th grade is devoted entirely to Texas History. Of course we covered Jean Lafette which starts most of us here on our piratical journey. When you hit a world history class so to speak. Ask the teacher at the begining of the year if he/she can expand on the pirates when you get to that section or ask your current teacher. Tell them your interests. You would be suprised as to how they may help you. (After all, sometimes you can't just spot an incognito pirate) Do the same thing with your english teacher. They may know of some great books. Most teachers realy do want to help anyone that shows an interest in a subject. Get a sponsor and start a school pirate club.

--------------

"Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in one pretty well preserved piece without an even a kiss your hand, but to skid across the line broadside, thoroughly used up, worn out, smelling of powder, shouting ARRRG!!"

sig1.jpg

While at Syracuse I took a terrific course called The History of Colonial America that covered the 17th-18th century in great depth. We spent a solid month on the West Indies with MUCH discussion and lecture on piracy....best course I ever took! I ended up writing a term paper on privateering in the American Revolution....was a very rewarding experience.

So Drunken, just hang on till college....there's lots of neat courses to be found.

newbannersigtar0db.gif

I be in 8th grade... goin onte me freshman year in high school next year. I think that a pirate club would be out of this world! (unfortunatly it be too late in thar school year fer that) but thanks fer the advice! (maybe I be trying that next year)

Cabinlass Maggie :(

It'll be the rope's end for that one, me bucko.