Women's shoes - Where'd they go??

MadL

I know there once twas a thread with Women type shoes, but now I can not find it (aye, I used th' search but only found other 'shoe' threads)

Me lady tis seeking Women style shoes, mid or early 17th century types. And yes we know o' Fugawee but she seeks something more "lady like" (perhaps that means something to someone?? I have no idea!)

We have found several on European sites, some might nice ones I might add, but with th' value of a US dollar these days, we need t' shop state-side....anyone know of any cobblers on US soil do'n women's shoes??

~All skill be in vain if an angel pisses down th' barrel o' yer flintlock!

So keep yer cutlass sharp, 'n keep her close!

Aye, thankie much Keelhauled Conny...actually I already showed her that one (third one down) and am trying to talk her into them, they look fine and feminine (she's a real girlie girl pirate, dead-eye aim on a man's groin! OY!!) With some silken ribbon ties I think they would like nice on her.

But alas she still wants t' see other choices (too bad I can't pull anchore and take her t' Europe, I seez many fine cobblers over there do'n 17th century shoes...even a nice silk pair; for $140 their coin - $240 USD Plus th' king's tax t' ship!!!)

Ahoy, MadL...

Ye can check with Mary Diamond on footwear. She offers some colonial style shoes with a femenine touch. Not overly pricy and if something happens to them, you won't scream, cry and need to be put into a padded room. :) They are comfy.

G. Gedney Godwin is one place to go, as Conny had mention.

Most other sutlers who sell shoes are either from the UK or sell Fugawee footwear. Townsend use to have a fabulous low squash heel shoe for ladies, but they no longer sell them instead they have the flat heel just like everyone else, they look more like men's shoes from the late 18th c.

Sarah Juniper and Reenactment Shoesare the only two I know of that have good footwear for the late 17th and early 18th c that does not look cookie cutter to men's footwear nor the generic you see with most sutlers.

Sorry that's about all there is. Sad, I know. Perhaps in the future there will be a better variety especially for women. I'd most definitely like to see more squash heel shoes rather than the flat, wide heel.

~Lady B

Tempt Fate! an' toss 't all t' Hell!"

"I'm completely innocent of whatever crime I've committed."

The one, the only,... the infamous!

Ah Lady Barbossa, I thought I recall'd someone here making some shoes! I will drop Mary Diamond a message I will.

Aye, m'lady caught eye o' the ones from Sarah Juniper called "Ladies Brocade, lined and bound with timber heels" and now I have trouble getting her t' look at others....but we just can not afford such a high fee once all taxes and import quarantine and all be added on!

Tis sad indeed that all th' serious history makers are over there and mostly all we get at th' rayon and plastic....guess that be Hollywood fer ye :lol:

I've experimented a couple times with makin' period shoes (with not-so perfect results) but in due time perhaps something a little less expensive and more realistic for women 'll come along for here in the States.

But, aye... in th' meantime, check with Mary. I highly recommend th' footwear she has, especially the colonial ladies shoes. Right nice they are. Ye can obtain them in black OR white. ;) and not as pricy as them foreign shoes. Or th' fugawee shoes either. Plus if th' shoes Mary sells gets wet or ruined, ye won't have a heartattack after $100+ down th' drain. ;)

~Lady B

Tempt Fate! an' toss 't all t' Hell!"

"I'm completely innocent of whatever crime I've committed."

The one, the only,... the infamous!