One of my favorite movies gets reboot

Stolen from DarkHorizons.com

Shane Black Directs "Doc Savage"

By Garth Franklin Tuesday February 23rd 2010 08:09AM doc_savage_article.jpg?1266937757 Scribe-turned-director Shane Black ("Kiss Kiss, Bang Bang") is set to direct the film adaptation of 1930's/40's pulp comic hero "Doc Savage" for Original Film and Sony Pictures2_bing.gif reports Variety.

As previously reported Black, who penned the likes of "Lethal Weapon2_bing.gif" and "The Last Boyscout", will also co-write the screenplay Anthony Bagarozzi and Chuck Mondry.

The film version of the heroic adventurer with near-superhuman skills and intelligence will be set in the 1930's and will include the Fabulous Five, five recurring companions who each appeared in different books.

Neal Moritz will produce.

Loved the comic books and pulp novels when I was a kid. The Ron Ely movie, while enjoyable, missed out on some of the wonderful wierdness of the stories. Hope they get the feel right this time. Preferably with autogyros...

Red Sea Trade

In days of old when ships were bold just like the men that sailed 'em,

and if they showed us disrespect we tied 'em up and flailed 'em,

often men of low degree and often men of steel,

they'd make you walk the plank alone or haul you 'round the keel.

--Adam and the Ants