Solomon Kane- the movie

Hawkyns

Has anybody heard anything about this movie, either for general release or DVD? Supposedly it was released in the US last fall, but no info found. It is on gneral release in England.

http://www.solomonkanethemovie.com/

Hawkyns

Cannon add dignity to what otherwise would be merely an ugly brawl

I do what I do for my own reasons.

I do not require anyone to follow me.

I do not require society's approval for my actions or beliefs.

if I am to be judged, let me be judged in the pure light of history, not the harsh glare of modern trends.

rod_21.jpg

I saw something about that.... I liked Howard's Conan stuff, but never read any of his Solomon Kane stuff...But I kinda remember seeing a trailer or something.... but that's the last of it...

Quess they did make a movie of it, but the link you posted shows more than I ever saw.... sorry.

I saw the trailer, and from that I conclude that it is a big, noisy, CGI-laden extravaganza. Kane looks like a sort of Ninja/Matrix/Road Warrior hybrid, and it seems to be set in an indistinct period "in the past."

I am a big fan of the original books, so I will probably give it a pass.

Red Sea Trade

In days of old when ships were bold just like the men that sailed 'em,

and if they showed us disrespect we tied 'em up and flailed 'em,

often men of low degree and often men of steel,

they'd make you walk the plank alone or haul you 'round the keel.

--Adam and the Ants

I was a big fan as well, in fact I may have liked the Kane stories better than Howard's Conan stories...

But the trailer I remember seeing (and this was quite a while ago so my memory of it is vague), had the film very stylistically similar to the Van Helsing film starring that Wolverine guy (Hugh Jackman). While I don't think the film will live up to the stories whatsoever, I am still morbidly curious to see it... And appreciate it coming up here. Now to find it.

Michael_banner.jpg

Michael,

Ah, you have it exactly! "Van Helsing" to a t. Everything gloomy and damp, with not-very-scary computer-generated monsters popping up at regular intervals. The heroes in silly leather dusters and equally silly broad-brimmed hats. Weird, cobbled-together weaponry, intended apparently to appeal to the 12 year old boys in the audience. That is the look I meant to mention, by couldn't recall the film.

Red Sea Trade

In days of old when ships were bold just like the men that sailed 'em,

and if they showed us disrespect we tied 'em up and flailed 'em,

often men of low degree and often men of steel,

they'd make you walk the plank alone or haul you 'round the keel.

--Adam and the Ants

Has anybody heard anything about this movie, either for general release or DVD? Supposedly it was released in the US last fall, but no info found. It is on gneral release in England.

http://www.solomonkanethemovie.com/

Hawkyns

I remember seeing the trailer but the producers made it to try to attract an American distributor. They did not have one.

If all else fails, it will eventually show up on Syfy (SciFi).

Mark