Phoenix Ren-Faire

endkaos

Ahoy Mateys,

I went a visitin to the Phoenix Ren-Faire this weekend and saw some interesting pirates. They had a section of Pirate merchants. There was even a Pirate Pub. B) Alas I arrived to late and had too much shopping to do to enjoy all the Piratey festivities...so I guess I will just have to go back again. B)

RhumbaRue....ye shall have a great time. You mustin miss "wild man". B)

~Tori

Like any unmanned ship, a novice sailor will eventually steer into the wind and then in circles.

Some updated information from their website.

PIRATES!

March 20 - It's a Pirate Invasion! Join us for High Sea Faire'n Adventure! Tribune Best Pirate Presence Contest - Not only do you need to have the look, but you need to walk the walk. Judging categories to include: costume, ARRrrrrghin, personality and swagger. Contest begins at 2pm at the Teatro de la Rosa stage! KNIX on site from 10am until Noon.

March 21 - It's a Pirate Invasion! Join us for High Sea Faire'n Adventure! Tribune "Solve the Treasure Map" contest.

B)B)B)

~Tori

Like any unmanned ship, a novice sailor will eventually steer into the wind and then in circles.

Unfortunatly, the pirate's weekend will be after I'm there!

Well ne're mind, there be a group o' 4 o' us from PRP and California goin' and we be meetin' up with a fellow PRP'r who lives in Phoenix and his friends at the faire ta form a whole big group.

I've been to the Arizony faire before- I absolutely love DED BOB!

I'll be there (I be drivin' all o' us) on March 12, and visitin' the faire on the 13th if'n it be rainin' (it does rain occassionally in the desert), we'll try for the 14th. Headin' back ta California on the 15th.

So if'n any o' ye in Arizona want ta get together for one heck of a party let me know in a private email.

We be stayin' at the Holiday Inn on Apace Blvd in Tempe. Tentative plans are fer a big party at my friend Linda's house in Tempe after the faire. (Poor woman hasn't got a clue what will be invadin' her house- lol!) :ph34r:

RUMba Rue

**Rum, the drink o' a good pirate!** :ph34r:

• 3 weeks later...

I canna' make it this year (livin' in Kansas City, MO), but me boss from our faire here gots a shop out there. It be the Sheepskin Shoppe. Owners' names are Vince an' Theresa an' they be right fine sorts. They carries fencing gauntlets an' leather cocked hats, both one side up an' tricorns. They be less expensive than Excalibur's an' just as well made.

I am Julius Aurelius, future ruler of the universe. Kneel quickly, for I have many feeble minds to overcome.

Looks like I will be going two weekends. The 13th (depending on rain) to meet Rhumba Rue and the 20th, of course, for the Pirate Invasion. Me sundays are reserved for the family and sailing.

~Tori

Haven't made up my mind bout goin up Sat. or Sun. We will try to go Sat.

Endkaos might see ya up there and I'll buy ya a round

I look forward to meeting a fellow pyracy pub pirate. I will be with my sister on the 20th. I will be wearing a blue and silver corset with a gold pirate ship pin in me hat. The pin always attracts attention after the men stop looking at me corset. :huh:

~Tori

Got me tickets (courtesy o' me friend Linda in Tempe) yesterday, so gettin' ready for the big trip there. I know we be tryin' ta leave here 'bout 6 AM on Friday the 12th and should arrive in Tempe 'round 1 PM or so.

I know the two people who are comin' with me were expectin' ta be ridin' in me van, but since I've now sold it, we'll all four be comin' in me new truck.

I've got yer phone number Endkaos, so I'll be givin' ye a call when we get there.

We're goin' ta have a really grand time!

Rumba Rue

**A balanced diet is a mug o' rum in each hand!** :huh:

Okay, since everyone seems to be coming this weekend for the Arizona Ren-Faire and not on the 20th for the Pirate Invasion...it looks like I'm going with the girls this Saturday and with the family next Saturday.

So here's the scoop so far, I think we have me, mr sister, and me friend Captain Bree from the Kingdom of Atenveldt and her mate. I believe Rhumba Rue is also coming this weekend (Ahoy). Anyone else coming aboard?

~Tori

Ahoy Pirates,

For those of you coming this weekend (March 13-14) to Arizona Ren Faire, it plans to be a warm one. Temperatures are expected in the 80's and it's a dry heat, but dress lightly. On a unhistorical point, plan on wearing sunscreen or ye will be feeling the flush and drink plenty.

Hope to see you there!

~Tori

I just got back from plunderin with RhumbaRue and crew. I found me new name too. Alas I forgot me camera. Luckily, durty Lilly brought hers. So look fer her to be postin soon.

~Black Hearted Pearl

The optimist expects the wind. The pessimist complains about the wind. The realist adjusts the sails.

Ahoy me mateys,

I went to the 1st day of the Pirate Invasion at the Arizona Ren Faire. They be having a Pirate contest. I entered me three boys and meself. (Pardon me bragging) The oldest got honorable mention and the two youngest one second place as the Barbossa Brothers. Meself won first place in the adult competition. :D There were many dashing pirates. One even looked like Captain Jack Sparrow. I was one of 3 lady pirates who entered. I guess it be me "assets" that tipped helped. It was a grand, but hot time. :lol: I will definitely be planning more time there next year.

:D:D:D

~Black Hearted Pearl

The optimist expects the wind. The pessimist complains about the wind. The realist adjusts the sails.

Black Hearted Pearl good job lass.

Me and my wench took our wee cabin lasses (one is 3 and the other is 4) to the 2nd day of the the Pirate Invasion . Day 2 was mainly for the kids with a Calico Jack treasure hunt for children under 12. Me Wee ones took FIRST & SECOND place. The First Prize was a Ren fest tote bag with a Capt. Hook action figure, a small jolly roger flag,a pin,and a certificate . Second place was a Peter Pan action figure and a certificate. Both of them went back to Pirate's Plunder (the pirate store at the fest) and the proprietors of the shop gave them Priate armbands and beads and a pieace of gold (fools gold) , but We had a blast out there . I even got my pic. with Calico Jack will post pics. as soon as I can get them developed. B):lol::lol:

"There is no safe place in the land of Spain.

We'll take the ships and we own the Main."

Huzzah!

Huzzah!

Huzzah!

:lol:

The pirates of the Pyracy Pub have plundered the Pirate Invasion at the Arizona Ren Faire!

Ye wee ones be very good pirates to have plundered additional treasure from the merchant Pirate's Plunder. Congratulations on ye wins!

:lol:B)B)

~Black Hearted Pearl