Stolen from DarkHorizons

"Treasure Island" Gets 'Holmes'-Style Update

By Garth Franklin Tuesday February 16th 2010 04:15AM ti_article.jpg?1266329715 Ecosse Films2_bing.gif is moving forward with a contemporary adaptation of Robert Louis Stevenson's "Treasure Island" reports Variety.

Much like the recent "Sherlock Holmes2_bing.gif", the project will update the 19th century tale with a 'hipper' contemporary sensibility and a stronger focus on the relationship between Long John Silver and Jim Hawkins

Douglas Rae and Robert Bernstein will produce while Niall Johnson ("Callas") is penning the script.

Wow, its like they read my mind. I was just thinking "Boy, would I love a hipper remake of Treasure Island! Maybe they could make Long John Silver a sort of cool, laid-back metrosexual, full of witty one-liners and urbane style. And Jim Hawkins could be an emotionally damaged waif. And maybe they could add a spunky proto-feminist character, inevitably played by Keira Knightley, who will turn out to be a better sword-fighter than any of the men."

Yep, I don't like Treasure Island because it is full of wonderful scenes and memorable characters and plenty of action. Nope. I have been waiting all my life for a hipper re-do of it. Yes sir. Maybe with Jackie Chan as the wacky, befuddled but lovable Squire Trewlaney...

...oh, kill me now.

Red Sea Trade

In days of old when ships were bold just like the men that sailed 'em,

and if they showed us disrespect we tied 'em up and flailed 'em,

often men of low degree and often men of steel,

they'd make you walk the plank alone or haul you 'round the keel.

--Adam and the Ants