Me be wantin' t' start a DVD collection!

MondoMarcus

I be wantin' t' start a Pirate DVD collection. Me question t' the crew is... what should a humble lad like meself start with?

Been mighty interested in Pirates since I began surfing about four years ago. Actually, been doin' nothin' but dreamin' of sailin' the high seas in search of treasure. While I understand that it may be a slim chance of real adventure comin' me way, I still would like an indirect way of livin' life like a privateer.

Any suggestions on some good DVD's t' wet me nautical whistle? :ph34r:

In my esty-may-shun, ye can't beat "Muppets Trasure Island".

It is just too much fun, and some darn fine pyratey songs to boot.

:ph34r:

Tim Curry makes a terrific Long John silver.

"Upstage, lads! This is my on-ly number!"

:ph34r:

Sir Nigel - aka "Sir Freelancealot"; aka "Ace of Cads"; aka "JACKPOT!!" (cha-CHING!)

"Mojitos BAD!...Lesbians with free rum GOOD!!!"

Well the obvious choice iright now is Pirates of the Carribean. I also recommend Cutthroat Island, and I recently saw a 3-movie DVD with three cheesy classics like Son of the Count of Monte Christo and Blackbeard. And if Yellow beard is out yet try that one.

Aye matey ya might want ta scrounge up Roman Polanski's Pirates The 2 movie versions from the 1980s of Pirates of Penzance would be a good find too. One starred Linda Ronstadt and was actually called Pirates of Penzance. The other had Rex Smith and Kristy McNicole (remember them??) and was actually titled The Pirate Movie. Me mind recalls that it had a cool Captain and a great "opening shantey". Best o' luck to ye on yer quest!!

<span style='font-size:21pt;line-height:100%'>Have Parrot Bay, will travel.

WILL SHARE TOO!!!</span>