Ghosts?

Pew

These shots were taken on the battlefield in Gettysburg on Halloween. No rain, dust , or wind anomalies. The first set were taken in the 'Slaughter Pen' between Devil's Den and Little Round Top:

DSC_0095.jpg

DSC_0094.jpg

The second set were taken just to the right of the Slaughter Pen towards Warren Ave, between Little and Big Round Top. Camera worked fine all evening, but took this negative image and then right after took a 'normal' pic:

DSC_0110.jpg

DSC_0111.jpg

These were taken in the Wheatfield just above Devil's Den. My wife felt a touch to her shoulder as she was snapping these photos.

DSC_0138.jpg

DSC_0139.jpg

North of town, we visited Barlow's Knoll where a cavalry charge occurred early on July 1st. Just below the Barlow's monument, there is a small 'Potter's Field' where we were looking at the small headstones of the poor whom were buried there. I felt a 'tap' to the shoulder standing alone in the cemetery. The pictures turned up nothing, but it fet 'wierd' there nonetheless.

Orbs? Spirits? Water drops? Whatever they are, they were interesting to see when we looked through the pictures later. A very neat weekend to spend in Gettysburg.

Pieter_Claeszoon__Still_Life_with_a.jpg, Skull and Quill Society thWatchDogParchmentBanner-2.jpg, The Watch Dog

"We are 21st Century people who play a game of dress-up and who spend a lot of time pissing and moaning about the rules of the game and whether other people are playing fair."

That Orb Looks real..Too round to be a bug..200px-Ghostbusters_cover.png

Look out fer that marshmallow fella!

Edited by oderlesseye

http://www.myspace.com/oderlesseye
http://www.facebook....esseye?ref=name
Noquarter2copy.jpg
Hangin at Execution dock awaits. May yer Life be a long and joyous adventure in gettin there!
As he was about to face the gallows there, the pirate is said to have tossed a sheaf of papers into the crowd, taunting his audience with these final words:

"My treasure to he who can understand."

One thing I've never understood is how a camera can capture an image of a ghost when the human eye can't. They both work by collecting light, right?

"The time was when ships passing one another at sea backed their topsails and had a 'gam,' and on parting fired guns; but those good old days have gone. People have hardly time nowadays to speak even on the broad ocean, where news is news, and as for a salute of guns, they cannot afford the powder. There are no poetry-enshrined freighters on the sea now; it is a prosy life when we have no time to bid one another good morning."

- Capt. Joshua Slocum

Suggestion:

Watch "Ghost Hunters" and "Ghost Hunters International" on Wed. on the SYFI channel or "Ghost Adventures" on Fridays on the Travel Channel.

You'll learn all about the equipment used as trying to explain it here is a bit beyond me.

You'll also become fascinated by the shows themselves.

Skeletonjugglinghishead.gif

Aye, I'm behind Rumba Rue there. I watch Ghost Hunters almost religiously. I have a greater understand of Hauntings now. And have learned that just because you hear something, you might see something... if there is no hard proof, it'll be difficult to say it's haunted.

Nothing beats a disembodied voice of a child saying "Daddy are your there?" so loud that everything picks it up. Or a thermal imager that shows some form moving in front of you eventhough the normal cameras don't pick up a single thing.

<_<

I still really like that one episode on Ghost Hunters when they were on the Star of India. Though they obtained quite a bit, including a shadow running all over with footsteps. What sold them ... and me... was an EVP of a man saying "Get off my ship!"

Come on, folks! Put up some more "haunting" images. Curious to see what's out there and to see for myself if someone's really caught something... or if they have dust just floating around (that's what those orbs are).

~Lady B

Tempt Fate! an' toss 't all t' Hell!"

"I'm completely innocent of whatever crime I've committed."

The one, the only,... the infamous!

I'm with Wayland. 20+ years of creating haunted houses and dealing with various alleged ghosthunters and I'd have to say they're ookier than the supposed ghosts. There's a logical (and often simpler) explanation for almost everything that appears mystical.

Mycroft: "My brother has the brain of a scientist or a philosopher, yet he elects to be a detective. What might we deduce about his heart?"

John: "I don't know."

Mycroft: "Neither do I. But initially he wanted to be a pirate."

Mission_banner5.JPG

I'm with Wayland. 20+ years of creating haunted houses and dealing with various alleged ghosthunters and I'd have to say they're ookier than the supposed ghosts. There's a logical (and often simpler) explanation for almost everything that appears mystical.

I highly disagree. After many years of being very involved with the group I got my credentials from to be a Minister, I have seen with my own eyes things that cannot be explained by scentific therories. Growing up I lived in a home that clearly had poltergists in it.

Until one experiances such phenomena one won't understand.

What I find interesting, is that our former roomate who just committed suicide on Jan. 17, is that I actually expect him to hang around here, yet nothing has happened where I might 'feel' or see something that would back that up. So why are some ghosts around and others not?

So it also brings the question to mind, that while it seems many ghosts tend to hang around the last place they liked or unliked, there are others that can actually follow you. I know from my own experiance about this.

I might also add regarding the orb in the picture, it is far to perfectly round to be anything else. I've had dust particals show up on pictures I've taken and I can tell the difference.

(sorry about the spelling- I do wish we had spell check here)

Try Firefox. It has a built in spell-checker that underlines misspelled words in red and provides other, correctly spelled options when you right click on misspelled words. (Firefox rocks.)

Mycroft: "My brother has the brain of a scientist or a philosopher, yet he elects to be a detective. What might we deduce about his heart?"

John: "I don't know."

Mycroft: "Neither do I. But initially he wanted to be a pirate."

Mission_banner5.JPG

I'm not going to delve too deeply into the science of optics but a quick google for something like "circle of confusion" should illustrate why out of focus point sized objects appear basically round.

As already pointed out, it's odd isn't it that nobody ever noticed "Orbs" until cameras with powerful light sources mounted close to the optical axis came along.

Believe what you will, but I prefer the empirical approach of science to hocus pocus.