New Man Onboard

smclaugh

Hello mates,

I've just joined pyracy.com after finding it through a Google Search for Bill Johnston info. A fascinating fellow, he's the only real St. Lawrence River pirate. I've spent several days the last two summers in my kayak trying to locate (with success) some of his old hideouts. I have compiled extensive biographical material on Pirate Bill as part of a historical fiction novel I'm writing. I'm posting that material, plus related info, on a new history blog. Check out http://www.raidersandrebels.com if you have a moment.

Cheers

Captain Shaun

Raiders and Rebels

http://www.raidersandrebels.com

*Slips in next to Callenish and grins at the newcomer* Welcome aboard mate..as for that drink..A Plunder Me Cherry if ye please and extra cherries o' course! :(

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v519/Dara286/trident01-11.png

If you got a dream chase it, cause a dream won't chase you back...(Cody Johnson Till you Can't)

Black Syren Logo small.png

Ahoy an' welcome to th' Pub. Glad t' have ye here. And always welcoming some good info on pirates. Not heard of this gent but ye've peaked m' interest.

Lookin' forward t' seein' ye here'bouts. By all means, enjoy thyself. :(

~Lady B

Tempt Fate! an' toss 't all t' Hell!"

"I'm completely innocent of whatever crime I've committed."

The one, the only,... the infamous!

I get shivers every time you say the name o' that drink, Syren

REALLY?!?!? I have no idea why you would get shivers...let me try it again..Plunder Me Cherry... :(

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v519/Dara286/trident01-11.png

If you got a dream chase it, cause a dream won't chase you back...(Cody Johnson Till you Can't)

Black Syren Logo small.png

Welcome aboard lad,

'Tis tradition that the new mate in port buys the assembled a round in this pub. Ray the barman will empty your purse for you and I'll be having a large Black Barbados Rum. rolleyes.gif

Really? Nobody said anything when I came abo... er... I mean, yeah! That's totally the tradition, and they did it to me too. I'll have a root beer (what, I'm a teetotaller?).

Captain Jack McCool, landlocked pirate extraordinaire, Captain of the dreaded prairie schooner Ill Repute, etc. etc.

______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

"That’s what a ship is, you know. It’s not just a keel, and a hull, and a deck, and sails. That’s what a ship needs. But what a ship is… what the Black Pearl really is… is freedom."

-Captain Jack Sparrow

I get shivers every time you say the name o' that drink, Syren

REALLY?!?!? I have no idea why you would get shivers...let me try it again..Plunder Me Cherry... biggrin.gif

*shivers* wooohoooo

man that's even better than.... MUFASA!

gallery_10737_100_5347.gif

Time flies when you're having rum

*Slips in next to Callenish and grins at the newcomer* Welcome aboard mate..as for that drink..A Plunder Me Cherry if ye please and extra cherries o' course! biggrin.gif

huh.gif Another character enters:

"He stepped forward from a shadowy corner table near the inn's comfortable fireplace, elbowing Callenish to the side, he bows and sweeps his hat to the fair Black Syren. "Lady, if I may b so bold... Hook, James Hook at your service." Hook gives a cold eye stare to the barkeep, "The Lady requested a ha' jar of maraschino cherries and a tot o' rum... make it so!" A shiver ran down the barkeeper's spine as dropplets formed on his brow... he knew instinctively that this stranger 'Hook' was not a man to cross. This stranger had neither the look of a lord or rogue, perhaps somewhere in between but the scar at the corner of his mouth and the cold sea blue eyes said neither a gentleman was he. Hook once again bowed slightly to Black Syren as the PMC was served and swiftly grabbed the barkeep's hand as he reached for the coin, "And a double tot for this goodfellow here!" As Hook strode back into the shadows Callenish and Black Syren turned to face each other in question... but the double rum and the PMC were real."

Just a wave from a stranger to this port.

Jas. Hook wink.gif

Edited by Jas. Hook

"Born on an island, live on an island... the sea has always been in my blood." Jas. Hook

"You can't direct the wind . . . but . . . you can adjust the sails."

"Don't eat the chickens with writing on their beaks." Governor Sawney

Hehehehe... poor Callenish. Heaved aside by ol' Hook.

Careful, Hook. Syren be a wicked lass in her own right. :lol: And... a plunder m' cherry be only as good as th' quality o' rum. So, it best be a right grand rum, Cptn.

Oh, an'... Hook. :) By all means please introduce thyself on a seperate thread m' good man. That way we can give ye th' proper welcome and attention ye deserve. :lol:

Now... if our newcomer 'll be so kind... I'll buy him two rounds ONLY if he buys me two rounds PLUS enthrall use with his tales. Aye? Make th' first one Hpynotiq and th' second Pirate's Choice Molasses Reef rum... if'n ye please.

~Lady B

Tempt Fate! an' toss 't all t' Hell!"

"I'm completely innocent of whatever crime I've committed."

The one, the only,... the infamous!

Greetings Lady Barbossa -

I thankee for ye warm welcome as I survey the pleasures of this port.

If I may clarify... both McLaugh and Callenish were not lively enough to accomodate Black Syren's request, wicked lass or not. All true gentlemen are aware of a lady's needs... chocolate, cherries and topside rum.

Callenish was left with a double tot in recognition of the true seaman he is. Cherries or not there is nothing worse than rot-gum rum. For sailors and ladies it's the best the establishment has, so long as coin remains in one's purse.

I am in your service, (bow)

Jas. Hook

"Born on an island, live on an island... the sea has always been in my blood." Jas. Hook

"You can't direct the wind . . . but . . . you can adjust the sails."

"Don't eat the chickens with writing on their beaks." Governor Sawney